90

Seven.

At first it was such a beautiful number to Jin.

It was family.

Min Yoongi

Jung Hoseok

Kim Namjoon

Park Jimin

Kim Taehyung

Jeon Jeongguk.

And him.

Kim Seokjin.

They were just a simple group of boys in their 20's who happened to be in a team together. They had gone through good and bad with one another. They had watched each other slip darker and farther into a void that had corrupted all of them but himself.

Jin had mangled in the black water before. 

He had dipped his toes in. 

Then let down a whole leg.

Then he had reached out an arm.

And soon, he was swimming to pull others out.

The dark waters had already touched him. Claimed him.

They say the kindest souls, suffer the harshest fall. 

Sure did to Jin.

He had survived in the water before, swimming and kicking, keeping afloat. Taking in deep breaths only to hide within the dark nothingness. He swam back up, taking another breath. But you can never swim forever.

His feet grew tired and his arms became more numb. His lungs began to scream, heart beating too loud. So he dived. He ended up diving deep. Deeper than he had ever gone before. It was darker down there.

His lungs couldn't hold forever. His body began to decay in the black world that he had now called home.

Then...he was pulled out.

They'd swam through this water before. But never had they gone as deep as their hyung. They had to save him. They weren't ready to lose him. Deep breath, they dived.

Swimming, farther, faster.

Hands linked with one another. Their own feet grew tired, but it didn't stop them, until they found him. Feet barely being able to move and mouth already taking in the poison. 

Back to the surface, the seven boys swam.

Even there, away from its grasp, the water dripped off the eldest's body, showing no sign of ever drying up. Hair was damp and his eyes were dull. 

Towels would never work. 

Not on this water.

No, they held him close, drying him with their own bodies. It was painfully slow. A time of waiting and patience. A time of pain. A time of sorrow.

Nonetheless...

water has a cycle to follow.

and the seven of them had lives to live.

The End

Okay- not really the end. 

Imma publish one more part of this book which is specifically going to be a Q&A. Don't ask questions here though- wait for that. You'll be able to ask questions and yell at characters.

 You'll be able to ask questions and yell at characters