48

October 18:
Jin adjusted the cuffs of his shirt as the staff yelled for the to approach the set. They were having a interview today. The first interview since Jin's hiatus was ended.

He had been trending again for the past four days. The video of him getting a mobbed spread like wildfire. Lots of fans demanded apologies, despite BigHit's official statement that Jin had sustained no major injuries except a bruise to the head.

Namjoon was also trending. His videos of yelling and scolding the fans spread for good and bad. Mostly good, as people, fans and idols, praised him. Some, were saying he didn't need to scream at fans.

Some people said it was Jin's fault. He shouldn't have been careless. He caused a scene. He was pathetic.

These were the words Jin agreed on.

Sighing, Jin waited for the interviewer to call them into the stage. When he did, a fake smile planted in his face as he walked forward with his dongsaengs bowing and greeting.

But he barely heard his words as the audience cheered and screamed. It made him slightly uncomfortable. He was still getting used to loud noises since his isolation.

He sat down on the couch, in between Namjoon and Taehyung. The other four sat on higher chairs in the back. Jin wasn't really fully invested in the interview and stayed quiet for the most part.

It was about halfway through, until he was directly addressed, "Jin-ssi,"

"Ah, 네?" Jin answered quickly.

"You just returned from a break, didn't you?" The man smiled.

Jin nodded suddenly itching to check his brother's texts. Pushing that thought away he tried to focus as the interviewer asked him, "Many fans have been curious. Do you care to explain the reason behind your break, or a little bit? Fans naturally love and care so they're curious,"

Jin couldn't help but slightly snicker, but then cleared his throat, "Um, it's very personal. I've just been having a lot of things going on. The comeback preparations are always a hassle, but then I had...."

Jin paused, "Er, I had a few things happen. At first, I didn't really think they'd affect my work too much, but it got to a point where I couldn't even practice because my mind was too occupied. That was why the company asked me to consider taking a break,"

"Ah, so is everything resolved now?"

Jin looked around awkwardly, glancing at Namjoon who sent him an encouraging smile.

"No. But I haven't gotten any worse news...and I've actually found a way to keep my head cool through...through what's going on," Jin nodded.

"Oh that's interesting," The interviewer looked disappointed before asking, "Care to share what is helping you?"

Jin inhaled and exhaled deeply before smiling, "I'm just working on myself,"

"W-what does that mean? Like..improving vocals and dance? Losing weight?"

Jin's eyes darkened slightly. In his head, those words were twisted.

He's telling you to lose weight and work harder.

Jin faked a smile. And through gritted teeth, he nodded, "Exactly those. I have to be good for fans,"

"Ah, well, that brings me to the next point, RM and Jin, you two have been trending due to a mob of fans around...Jin, right?"

The mood between the seven of them dropped. Jin looked down, while Namjoon grew slightly bitter. Taehyung was the one who answered, "Yeah, that's right,"