the L word

"Good choice

"Good choice. She's pretty."

y / n  m a l f o y

"You came," I say as i hear Harry's footsteps coming down the stairs.

I didn't actually see if it was Harry, i just took a guess, because who would be up roaming around at midnight? It would be embarrassing if it wasn't him, though

Just my luck,

It was Harry. I see him approaching me, sitting on the sofa beside me.

"I thought coming wouldn't hurt," He shrugs, and i only smile widely at him.

I knew it,

I knew that he still cared.

"Can i explain now?"

"Go on, i guess."

"I was teaching Draco how to dance by the lake, the usual. And then suddenly Cedric came up to us, and he asked me to teach him how to dance. I thought it would be impolite not to, so i said yes. You just caught us in a horrible time. This is all just a big misunderstanding."

"I don't know, should i trust you?" Harry shakes his head.

"Check your sneakoscope," I say, and Harry does so. He reveals the third year gift i bought him, clutching it with his left hand.

"Is it spinning and lighting up?"

Harry shakes his head.

"There you go."

"Did you sabotage this?" Harry shoots up and asks, diverting his view from the sneakoscope to me.

As soon as his eyes meet mine, he starts trembling. I come closer to him, and rest my hands on both of his arms.

"Calm down, Haz."

"Don't," He shakes his head, pushing me off of him. "Don't come any closer, or call me by that name. Just answer my question, did you sabotage this?"

"There's a reason that i didn't get sorted into Slytherin, Harry," I shrug, shaking my head, "I'm not that cunning."

"Besides, you've had that thing with you ever since i gave it to you last year; How would i sabotage it? When would i?"

"I dunno, you could've done it before you even gave it to me!" He exclaims.

I huff loudly, looking straight into his eyes, "Hermione and Ron were there when i bought it, ask them."

"You know what? I'm going to bed- I don't– I don't need this right now," He gets up to leave, but i grab his hand to stop him.

He turns back, facing me. Our faces only inches apart. But he backs away quickly, scowling at me.