always

"A dragon? A dragon can't possibly represent Thomas

"A dragon? A dragon can't possibly represent Thomas."

y /n m a l f o y

"Boys and girls aren't allowed to be closer than 8 inches, but does that still apply when you're my brother?" I approach my twin brother who's sitting on the grass in the courtyard.

I have my hands in both of my pockets, still wearing Harry's necklace. I lean against one of the arched windows, looking down at Draco.

This courtyard brings back so many memories, like when Harry and i used to eat lunch here- When Harry warned Cedric about the dragons, when Draco turned into a ferret..

"Meh, suppose it's fine. I'm a part of the inquisitorial squad after all," Draco smirks, as i sit down beside him.

"I feel like shit," I huff, looking at Draco.

He laughs, "You look like shit, Y/n."

And he is right, to be fair. My eyes are red and puffy, my hair is bushy and untamed, my uniform is wrinkled, my tie is untied- I'm lucky Umbridge somehow hasn't seen me walking around school like this.

"Fuck you, Draco," I hit his arm, and he shoots his hands up.

"You do, fix yourself before Umbridge sees you, you'll get in trouble, you know," My brother tidies up my hair with his hands, and fixes my tie.

He notices the H necklace dangling around my neck. He furrows his eyebrows, pulling the pendant and studying it. "What's this cheap rubbish?" He scoffs, but his expression softens when he realises,

"Stands for Harry?"

I nod, "He made it himself, i've been wearing it for a whole year, don't tell me you realised just now."

"But.." He begins to speak again, "You and Potter.. Broke up?"

"5 days ago, yes," I frown, trying to stop the tears from flowing.

Draco pulls me closer instantly, hugging me tight in his arms. I cry on his chest, and muffle curse words- I don't want to be like this forever. I want to be fixed. I want to be happy again. And those things seem so far away from my grasps.

Harry is my happiness. Without him, how can i ever be happy? He was the first one who made me feel special-

And the reason of our breakup was just stupid! I didn't kiss Dean- He kissed me and it didn't even mean anything to me. It was just a silly little second year kiss. I didn't have control over what happened, cause he just came over me like that.

"Shouldn't you take that off?" Draco asks as we break the hug, reaching for my necklace. I grab his hand, stopping him from touching it. "No," I shake my head, "Not right now. I'm not ready." "But you have to.. It doesn't have to be right now, but you can't keep that thing forever," Draco tells me. And maybe he's right. Why am i holding onto things that are clearly broken?