Vol. 2.4 | Telling Teddy

And i keep waitingLike you might change my mind Who wrote the book on goodbye?There's never been a way to make this easy

And i keep waiting
Like you might change my mind
Who wrote the book on goodbye?
There's never been a way to make this easy

The other by,
Lauv

harry potter.

Remus hasn't been home a lot, Tonks is also accompanying him. It's the time, if you know what i mean. They left Teddy for me to take care of, and i'm glad to have him around. Sometimes, he can cheer me up and make me forget about Y/n just for a second.

I lead him to his bedroom, which is beside mine. With his hand in mine, i turn the door knob to his bedroom with my free hand. Teddy smiles up at me, as he crawls into his small bed.

"Harry?" He calls out, and i smile at him with a lifted eyebrow, "Yes?" Teddy then adorably requests, "Could you tell me a bedtime story?" I chuckle at the four year old boy, and repeat, "A bedtime story?"

Teddy nods, as he gets more comfortable in his bed. He replies a bit gloomily, "Yeah.. I haven't seen my dad in a while. He hasn't told me any bed time stories." The genuine smile on my face stays. I know how it's like being without a father, so i want to be as much as a father figure to him as Remus was to me. His dad isn't really gone, but you know how his condition is.

"Well..." I sigh, while tucking him into bed, "Tuck in, i'm telling you a story about an amazing girl," I say to Teddy, and he asks, as he lies down on his bed, "What's her name?"

"Y/n Narcissa Malfoy."

I wrap the blanket warmly around Teddy, as i start telling him about her. "She was the bravest girl i have ever met. She fought for people she loved, she was selfless, she was very funny, and kind. Everyone in the school wanted to be friends with her.. Before they knew her father was a death eater. But i stayed, because i knew she was a good person. The teachers adored her.. I adored her. Your parents adored her. Everyone did. She was such a great girl, and i'm very lucky to have known her. She didn't have an easy life. Her dad wasn't as loving as yours, but she always managed. She managed to keep her life in place, she managed to make everyone around her happy. Even your dad's got a soft spot for her."

"Was she a Gryffindor?" Teddy asks, looking up at me in amazement. He seems impressed with the story. I nod, chuckling faintly, "She was. She was a true Gryffindor." Teddy then asks again, innocently and cluelessly, "Were you friends with her?"

I look down to my lap, fiddling with my fingers. I nod, still keeping my head down, "I.. I was, for about a year. Then i-- I fell in love." Teddy asks sweetly again,
"Just like mum and dad?" I look up at him, with glimmering eyes. His words quite touched me. I nod with a warm smile, "Yes. Yes, Teddy. Just like your mum and dad."