goblet of fire

"You've got yourself a deal, Potter

"You've got yourself a deal, Potter."

y / n  m a l f o y

Hermione and i find pleasure in watching people put their names in the goblet of fire, while reading our books, sitting on a bench beside the goblet.

I wonder who Hogwarts' champion is going to be.

I'm just glad it won't be Harry, or Ron, or Draco, orrrrrr Fred and George.

Because i know no matter how much effort they put into an aging potion, Dumbledore will not be fooled.

This tournament is dangerous, and i don't want to see anyone i care for in danger.

Well, Cedric is going to enter, but i know he'll do well if he does get picked.

"I'm really curious.. Who's going to be Hogwarts' champion? Any bets, Mione?" I ask, nudging Hermione's shoulder.

"Cedric," She says, still focusing her view on her book.

I furrow my eyebrows and shoot her a confused look, "Why do you think that?"

"Because.. Cedric!" She shrugs, and i roll my eyes playfully.

I turn my head to see him, Cedric. Why is he always there when i talk about him?

I throw a quick glance at Harry, who is looking at Cedric as his friends cheer for him.

"Harry!" I call out, patting on the seat beside me for him to sit.

"Oh, and Ron! Sorry.." I apologise when i see Ron rolling his eyes.

The two boys come up to Hermione and i, Harry sitting next to me, and Ron next to Harry.

"Bloody hell, Y/n! All you care about is Harry, how come you didn't see me standing there?" Ron groans, and i shoot him an apologetic smile.

Cedric walks up to the goblet, but before he puts his name, he turns his head to look at me, locking our eyes together.

I give him a thumbs up, and he chuckles, putting his name in.

Ron tries to wave at Cedric, but is embarrassingly ignored.

"Merlin, turns out he's only your friend, Y/n," Ron scoffs, and i reach beyond Harry's head to his, ruffling Ron's hair, "Sorry again."

"Yeah, why is Cedric acting that way towards you, Y/n?" Harry asks, turning his body slightly to me. "I dunno," I shrug, "Being friendly, maybe?"

"Well– Why doesn't he do that to Ron?" Harry continues asking. I sigh, and put on a smile.

"Haz.. Hazza.. Harold.. Harry Potter, you don't need to be so jealous. I told you.. That nothing will ever change the way i feel about you!" I tell Harry, slinging an arm around him.

He looks at me, trying to hide his smile, but eventually shows it. His cheeks turning pink, and he rolls his eyes playfully.

"I might vomit," Hermione scoffs, turning the pages on her book.

"Disgusting, you two!" Ron shouts, making Harry and i burst into laughter.

"Honestly, Ron! Just- Man up, and tell Hermione how you feel! That way, we can maybe go on double dates, or something.. At the three broomsticks, maybe?" I tease, nudging Hermione's shoulder while Harry smirks at Ron knowingly.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Y/n!" Ron huffs, and Hermione stays silent. Though, she takes a quick glance at him before continuing with her book.

"Eternal glory. Be brilliant,
wouldn't it, three years from now,
when we're old enough to be
chosen?" Ron nudges Harry, and i glare at him, shaking my head.

"Better you than me," Harry shrugs, and i grin widely.

"Oh Ronald, why would you want eternal glory if you could have eternal happiness?" I smile, looking at Harry.

Harry grins, and Ron nods knowingly.

Just then, Fred and George storms in the room, looking excited and all.

"Well, we've done it, lads."

"Cooked it up just this morning."

"It's not going to work..." Hermione says in a sing song voice.

"Yeah? And why's that, Granger?" Fred asks Hermione, appearing at her left side.

"Because a genius like Dumbledore
couldn't possibly be fooled by a
dodge as pathetically dim-witted
as an Aging Potion." Hermione scoffs.

"That's what makes it so brilliant.
It's pathetically dim-witted," Fred says, appearing on Hermione's right side, which is currently occupied by me. So he pushes my head away, in order to talk to Hermione.

"Fred!" I squeal, "That's very rude of you!"

"Did you say something, Malfoy?"

"Don't forget to pay me five galleons for that world cup-outfit bet!" I exclaim, as the twins move away from us.

"Ready, Fred?"

"Ready , George."

"Bottoms up!"

They chug the gooey green liquid down their throats, and jump across the age line.

When they successfuly do so, the room breaks to cheers.

"Something will happen, believe me," I whisper to Harry.

"Oh yeah? They seem to be doing quite well. Dare to bet on it?" Harry whispers back, squiggling his eyebrows.

I scoff at him, crossing my arms, "You've got yourself a deal, Potter. 8 Galleons."

Fred and George then put their names in the goblet. For a split second, nothing happens. Resulting in Harry giving me a look of victory.

But then, the twins both fly away from the goblet. Their hairs turn gray, and they grow old beards instantly as well.

"You said!"

"You said!"

As the twins start fighting, i raise my eyebrows at Harry, holding out my hand.

"Pay up."

Suddenly, everyone's laughter stops.

"Why is everyone.. Not talking anymore?" I ask, breaking the silence of the room.

"Shut up, Malfoy!" Someone shouts, which makes me furrow my brows.

I close my book harshly, and shouts to them, "Draco isn't here, who are you telling to shut up?"

Shushes then emerge from the room. Feeling offended, i gasp dramatically. "Rude!" I whisper shouted, as Harry rubs my back telling me to calm down.

Viktor Krum walks up, putting his name in the goblet, but looking at Hermione as he does so. When he walks out of the room, i nudge Hermione's shoulder, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Hermione! What was that all about?"

"Dunno," She shrugs, carrying on with her book while trying to hold her smile.

a/n:
made a playlist for this story if anyone cares btw lmao