veritaserum

Secrets that i've held in my heartare harder to hide than i thoughtmaybe i just wanna be yoursi wanna be yours

are harder to hide than i thought
maybe i just wanna be yours
i wanna be yours

I wanna be yours,
By Arctic Monkeys

h a r r y  p o t t e r

"I've got it," Y/n enters the common room, making Ron, Hermione, and i turn back to her direction as soon as we hear her voice.

This is it. Moment of truth.

"Okay, uh- um.. If you want to-"

"Check it, make sure it's real. I don't want you to think that i brought fake veritaserum," She cuts me off. I gulp, looking at her dead serious expression. Y/n then turns to Hermione, "Check it, Mione."

Y/n hands Hermione the vile she's holding. Hermione takes it, examining the liquid inside. She opens the cap, and takes a good sniff of the liquid.

Hermione nods, "It's real."

 Y/n takes the tiny vile back, opening it, and dropping a bit of veritaserum to her mouth. She chugs it, taking a deep breath before approaching me.

"Ask me."

"Alright.. Y/n Narcissa Malfoy what happened with Cedric? That day by the lake."

"He came up to me, asked me to teach him how to dance. He got ridiculously close to my face, then i pushed him off. When it happened again, you caught us before i got the chance to."

She was telling the truth all along.. I let my ego take over, and i didn't listen to what she had to say. I made her sad, i broke her heart, i ruined her, all because of a big misunderstanding.

I've done a lot of stupid and dangerous things in my life, but this is my biggest regret.

I feel so stupid. I feel so guilty. I feel terrible.. For calling her things she doesn't deserve to be called, saying things that she doesn't deserve to hear, putting her through the heartache she doesn't deserve to go through.

I did those horrible things to do the girl i love. The only girl i love.

"And i.." She starts talking again, tears dropping down from her eyes, but she doesn't take her gaze off me. "Am in love with you, Harry Potter."

She wasn't lying about that either.

"I love you, Harry."

"Y/n-" I try to take her hand, but she runs off, heading to her dorm room.

I obviously can't go in there. It's the middle of the night, her roommates are sleeping inside. I won't be able to get the privacy i need anyway. So i stomp up to her room, knocking on the door and calling out to her, but she doesn't answer.

Ron and Hermione both tell me to get some rest, and that i should try to talk to her tomorrow instead.

I obey them, hesitantly leaving Y/n's doorway, and walk back to my bedroom.

I slide down to my bed, wrapping myself with my blanket. "It's alright, mate. She'll come around," Ron reassures. I only give him a forced smile before closing my eyes.

Maybe she will. She loves me, so she'll talk to me soon enough. Right?

——————

I check myself out in the mirror, making sure my hair looks good, making sure that i don't have any eye boogers, and just making sure that i look decent overall.

"Alright, Harry. Just– Just go up to her room and talk to her," I mutter to myself, still looking at my own reflection in the mirror.

I spray some more cologne that i bought from Hogsmeade not to long ago, before turning my heels and saunter over to the door.

"Bloody hell, Harry," Ron complains, sniffing around. "That's a lot of cologne."

"Wait– You think it's too much?" I panickly ask him. "Is this all too much?"

"I think Y/n is gonna faint when she smells you. What scent is that?"

"No, no, Ron! Do i look good? Do i- I mean, i cleaned up nice, right?" I put the both of my hands on Ron's shoulder, shaking his body erratically.

"Yeah– Yeah, mate," Ron nods nervously. "You don't need to be so– Jumpy. I doubt Y/n is the type to pay attention to one's appearance, to be honest with you. She's even got Cedric Diggory chasing after her tail but she chooses you! Out of all people!"

Ouch?

"Um– Okay? I don't know if that's supposed to be an insult or a compliment, but i'll be off to Y/n's room now, bye!"

I rush to the girl's dormitory, specifically Y/n's bedroom. (a/n: we're just gonna pretend the stairs don't turn into a slide)

When i clench my fist, lifting it up to the door to knock, Y/n suddenly opens the door.

I widen my eyes in shock, and she furrows her eyebrows, pressing her lips together, looking at me with a confused expression.

She grabs my wrist, putting my hand down. Still having that confused expression painted on her face.

"Hi! Good morning, Y/n!" I smile widely.

She shakes her head and roll her eyes, walking past me towards the stairs.

"Hey! Hey uh– Do you want to walk together to the great hall? What do you want to eat for breakfast?" I catch up to her, walking side by side. Desperately trying to have a conversation with her.

She stays silent, as we walk out of the common room, towards the great hall.

I keep trying to make small talks, but she doesn't even glance at me.

"Hey– What was your father doing at Hogwarts?"

"Can you stop it?" She shouts, stopping in her tracks and turning back to me.

I gulp.

Oh no, maybe i've hit a touchy subject there.

"I– I uh.. Just wanted to know what he was doing."

"He came to check up on me and Draco," She says, continuing to walk as i of course, follow after. "I know what you're thinking, i don't even know why he's acting so nice to me too."

"That's it?" I ask her again, she side eyes me and shakes her head.

"He also asked me about Cedric– I said i don't have anything going on with him, and that we're both just friends. Can you stop bothering me, now?"

She speeds up her pace, leaving me behind. I try to run after her again, grabbing her wrist as soon as i reach her.

"What do you want?" She barks, scowling at me.

"You," I simply reply. "I want you. I want us to be us again. Please?"

"Piss off," She snatches her wrist away from my grip, running down the corridor to the great hall.

"I love you too, Y/n!" I shout, making her stop running. She turns her head to look at me for a second, pressing her lips together before walking away again.

I know why she did that.

She was trying to hide her smile.

a/n:

updating first thing in the morning tmrw!