sneakoscope

"I don't care if he's our cousin, he's a murderer nonetheless

"I don't care if he's our cousin, he's a murderer nonetheless."

y / n m a l f o y

"Here you go, Harry. Here's your gift, as promised," I pass the sneakoscope to Harry, smiling.

He shoots me a grateful smile as he takes it, before asking, "What's this?"

"That, my friend, is a sneakoscope. If there's anyone untrust-worthy around, it's meant to light up and spin. I thought it would be fitting, since you know-"

"A murderer is after me?" He chuckles softly, "Thank you, Y/n."

"You're always welcome."

We walk back to the common room, but everyone's packed on the stairs, making a straight line towards the door. "What's going on?" Harry asks.

"Probably Neville's forgotten the password again," Ron scoffs, not realising that Neville is right behind him. "Hey!" He exclaims, offended, making the four of us turn back. "Oh! You're there."

"Let me through please. Excuse me, i'm headboy!" Percy Weasley exclaims, and i shake my head.

"We know, Percy!" I shout, the Gryffindors break into laughters and faint chuckles.

"I swear that gets annoying," I chuckle, crossing my arms. Followed by giggles of Hermione and Harry. "Well, that's Percy for you," Ron shrugs.

Turns out, the fat lady saw Sirius Black roaming around the castle, so Dumbledore instructs us to go to the Great Hall.

The Great Hall is packed by students in carrying their sleeping bags. "We're supposed to stay the night here?" I complain, sighing. "It's safer," Harry smiles.

He always does that. Why? What is he doing to me? Everytime he smiles, it just feels.. Warm. We never spoke about that kiss again, maybe it was just a one time thing.

As i walk with Harry, i feel someone gripping my wrist. I turn back to see Draco. He drags me away from Harry, and proceeds to furrow his eyebrows at me. "Draco!" I squealed. Harry notices that i'm no longer walking with him. He turns back, surprised to see Draco.

I told him that Draco was avoiding me, but i didn't mention our whole conversation at the hospital wing.

Harry stops in his tracks, and glares at Draco. "What? Run along, this is family business," Draco tells him off. I give Harry a reassuring nod and he walks off.

"You're with me," He says, hostility is heard in his voice.

"What? Draco, i have to be with Harry," I bite back, pulling my hand away from his firm grip.

"Oh, so you'd rather him than your own brother?"

"No, not like that! Draco, you don't understand-"

"I do understand, Y/n. A murderer is lurking around, is it so bad that i want to keep an eye on you, make sure you're okay?"

I can't tell him that Sirius Black is after Harry.

"But, Harry often gets.. Bad dreams. I don't want-"

"I don't care!" He says angrily. "What are you going to do anyway, snog?"

"Draco, that's disgusting."

He scoffs, "Just come with me, Y/n. I'm not letting you out of my sight until they assure us that Sirius Black is gone."

"He's our cousin, Draco.." I whisper to my brother as we set out sleeping bags down, next to each other.

"I don't care if he's our cousin, he's a murderer nonetheless."