Vol 2.22 | The Ring

y/n malfoy

y/n malfoy

All eyes are on Harry.

He looks down at the ring near his foot, and bends down to pick it up, tears still escaping his eyes. Theo and i exchange glances, watching him. I give Theo a questioning look and he merely shrugs in response. When i look back at Harry, he's already stepping forward, probably to give us his ring back.

I look to my side, finding my father who is looking at Harry with wide eyes as he holds the ring. He clears his throat, before announcing,

"This engagement is cancelled."

Gasps emmerge from the whole room, while my father tries to politely tell the guests to leave. Theo and i look at each other with a shocked expression, but relieved and triumphant. Our lips break into grins, and we hug each other happily. "We don't need to get a divorce!" Theo squealed as we break the hug, and i add, "We don't even have to get married!"

Then i lock eyes with Harry again. He rightfully looks very confused. I walk up to my father, and ask him what's going on. And he replies with, "Talk to Potter for a bit. I'll catch up."

So for once, i oblige. I run to Harry, and jump to give him a very tight hug. He laughs as he catches me, spinning me around. Once he puts me down, he places a lock of my hair behind my ear and kisses me.

"What happened to him?" He asks while chuckling when we break the kiss, referring to my father. I only shrug, "I dunno. But i'm happy about it." Harry smiles, before pulling me in for another hug. "Me too."

Theo comes up to us. He taps my shoulder, making me turn back to look at him. He flashes a big grin, and exclaims, "We're free!" And with no warning whatsoever, he runs towards the door, jumping around happily. "To an adventure with Lovey!"

Harry and i exchange looks, and burst out laughing. We never expected Luna and Theo to be together, but we sure are happy for them.

"So you must be wondering.." We both turn back when we hear the familiar voice, finding my father, "Why i have cancelled your arranged marriage."

Harry looks a bit startled to see him, but i notice him taking a deep breath, preparing himself for what he's about to hear. "Well?" I ask curiously, lifting an eyebrow. My father points to the ring, and says, "You see, the ring you are holding, Potter, is enchanted."

"Enchanted?" Harry asks in confusion, looking up at my father with furrowed eyebrows. My father nods, "It shows your true soulmate. Your true life lasting love. Your destiny."

"I thought i could change that by making Y/n and Theodore wear it. I thought maybe.. They could be each other destinies," My father sighs, and then points to Harry as he continues, 'But it fell right to you."

"So what does this mean?" I ask him again, starting to get impatient. I just want him to get to the point. "So.. This made me realize that i can never seperate you. Temporarily, yes. But you will always come back to each other. It's pointless, i can't do anything about it," My father explains.

"So i'm giving you my full blessing and consent to marry my daughter."

Harry and i exchange happy looks. My jaw drops to the floor, as i widen my eyes. I instinctively wrap my arms around my father, hugging him as a sign of gratitude.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy," Harry smiles, shaking my father's hand. "I'm trusting you on this one, Mr. Potter. Do not disappoint me."

"I won't, Mr. Malfoy, i won't," Harry nods, laughing. He slings an arm around me, and squeals, "We finally did it!" I hug him, sharing the joy. My mother and Draco then walk up to us. She nudges her husband's shoulder, and says, "I told you so."

"Congratulations, Potter," Draco grins, hugging Harry. A sight i thought i would never see. Harry was a bit surprised, but he eventually hugs back. "I guess you're going to finally be my brother in law soon," Draco continues once they break the hug.

"Well i already called it," Harry boasts, shrugging proudly. He had always called Draco "brother in law" since school. "So, baby names," My mother starts, "Have you thought of baby names?"

"How many are you having?" My father adds, chiming in. "Where are you going to live? Where will the wedding be held? Do you want twins?"

I never thought my father would be this excited.

"Relax, father," I chuckle, "We've already thought about everything." Harry nods, "We've been planning about kids since we were like.. 15." 

"Well let's have a long chat about it!" My father exclaims, "Do you want to live at a manor? Do we need to buy another manor?" Draco furrows his eyebrows, and complains, "How come i didn't get a manor?"

"Well do you have a wife? A girlfriend? No you don't," My father shrugs. My lips break into a smirk, and tells him, "Actually father.. Draco is seeing someone."

"Who?"

"Astoria Greengrass."

"A sacred 28 family!" My father says excitedly, "Good choice, Draco. Keep the pure blood heritage going." I clear my throat, and raise my eyebrows at my father. "I mean.. We of course don't care about how important blood purity is anymore," My father corrects himself.

"Anyways.. We're not buying a manor," I tell my father, "We're going to live in Grimmauld Place." My mother raises her eyebrows, "Grimmauld Place? That's wonderful! The Blacks used to live there!"

Harry nods, adding, "I thought it would fit. You know.. It still is Y/n's family home after all." My mother agrees, "Well that is a brilliant idea, Mr. Potter."

"But if the kids don't fit in there, i'm buying you a manor," My father says, and i furrow my eyebrows, "You're acting as if we're going to have twenty kids."

"I only want the best for my grandchildren—"

"Now, now, Lucius," My mother interrupts him, "Don't overwhelm them. You kids can go on to Grimmauld Place. Go home. Plan out your marriage properly, oh Potter! Look for a job, will you?" Harry nods, "I'll be an auror."

"Oh good!" My father chimes in again, "That pays off well, doesn't it?"
"Go home, sort it out," My mother smiles, as Harry and i begin to walk away from them, towards the door, hand in hand.

"Later, losers!"