theo's regrets

In another lifeI would make you staySo I don't have to say you wereThe one that got away

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were
The one that got away

The one that got away by
Katy perry

t h e o d o r e  n o t t

I watch as Y/n's aunt throws her in the cellar, where she reunites with her boyfriend. I also watch as they hug amorously. My heart aches a little bit, knowing that in some other life that would be me. In some other life, where i wasn't as stupid as i was when i pushed her away. I try to look away from them, but i just can't.

For some reason, i just can't. It hurts to see them like that, but no matter how hard i try, i can't look away.

I'm supposed to guard the cellar, make sure nobody goes out, and report them if the person we're suspecting is actually Harry Potter. Now, i know that it is. But i just can't move. I can't go upstairs.

"Harry! Oh my God! Harry, are you alright?" She squeals as they hug tight, rocking side to side. Her boyfriend asks her back, "Are you alright, Y/n?" They keep holding each other, clinging on to one another for dear life as Y/n replies,
"Yes, yes, i'm fine."

"I'm so glad to finally see you again."

"You're here with me now, Haz. I'm fine. alright? I'm alright and i'm here with you."

And then they kiss. And i feel my heart shattering to a million pieces. I didn't know it would be this hurtful. I didn't know love was hurtful at all. But maybe that's just because i fell in love with the wrong person. No. Y/n isn't the wrong person. She's the right person, wrong time.

"I'm sorry i left you. i didn't do anything to try and save you."

"Oh no, no. You had to leave, it's not like you had a choice. It's okay. I wanted you to leave anyway, for your own safety."

Y/n, if i didn't push you out of my life it would probably be me, standing beside you right now, not him. It would probably be me who you're kissing, not Harry Potter. It would probably me you're holding on to, not Harry Potter. It would probably be me who you're risking your life for, not Harry Potter. It would probably be me who you love so dearly,

Not Harry Potter.

And i just have to stand here, knowing that there's nothing i can do to change how you feel about him. I just have to stand here and regret everything i did to you, Y/n Malfoy.

Watching her hugging him with affection like that, watching her kissing him hurts. Knowing that in some other life, she would be mine.

If it weren't for Harry Potter, she would be mine.

I could just run upstairs, call the dark lord, and let him kill the Harry Potter. her Harry Potter. And he'd be gone, and she would be with me.