the fire and whispers

y / n  m a l f o y

y / n  m a l f o y

"Harry, Y/n, wait! I need to talk to you!" I hear Luna's voice calling out to us, as Harry and i rush up the stairs towards the Ravenclaw common room. We both look back at her, but Harry decides to ignore the Ravenclaw blonde. He dismisses, "We're a bit pre-occupied at the moment, Luna."

But i feel like she wouldn't chase us like this if it wasn't essential. I think Luna's trying to tell us something important. So i look back, letting go of Harry's hand that i was holding and walk to Luna. I ask my friend, "What is it, Luna?" Harry notices, and he shoots me a disapproving look.

"You don't know where you're going. You're wasting your time!" Luna exclaims, but Harry shakes his head and reaches for my hand again, "Look, we'll talk later, okay? Y/n, come on, love!"

"Harry?" Luna calls out again, but he completely ignores her, running back up the stairs, "Later."

"Harry Potter, you listen to me right now!" Luna suddenly shouts. I don't think i've ever heard her shout like that before. Harry freezes instantly, listening to what she has to say. Luna continues and explains, "Do you remember what Cho said about Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem? There is not a person alive who's seen it. It's obvious, isn't it? We have to talk to someone who's dead."

She then leads us somewhere— Somewhere we can find someone to talk to about the diadem. She says it's Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter. Well, the ghost of her. I think i've heard her tales around school, she's better known as the grey lady. "It's very impressive, isn't it? If you want to find her, you'll find her down there."

"Aren't you coming?" Harry asks Luna, who is standing between us. I give Luna a questioning look as well. She shakes her head and says, "No. I think it's best if you two talk alone. She's very shy."

"I'll wait for you here, Harry," I force a smile at my boyfriend, and he nods. Kissing the top of my head before walking away, he says, "Be right back, love."

I watch as Harry walk away, the feeling of worrisome still lingers in my mind. I really do hope we all make it through this. In a moment, we'll destroy all the horcruxes and this will all finally be over. Harry can be a normal person, living a normal life.

But then i hear whispers. It's like Voldemort's voice whispering to me, in my head. The whispers say things as such:

"Traitor."

"Blood traitor."

"Disgrace to the noble house of Malfoy."

"Family disappointment."

"Draco will never forgive you."

"Draco doesn't care about you."

"Your mother is disappointed."

"Family disgrace.

"Your family doesn't love you."

"Shame on you, filthy traitor."