Epilogue III

Hogwarts

Hogwarts.
One last time.

Y/n Potter

The sorting ceremony of Hogwarts is starting.

The great hall looks elegant as ever, with the bewitched ceiling, looking like a deep blue night sky and the candles everywhere. The first years walk in, and i spot my twins and Scorpius walking together, admiring the hall, just taking all of the beauty of Hogwarts in. While the older students watch them as they get in line for the sorting.

At times, when i look down at the students from the staff table, i still see myself, Harry, Ron, and Hermione laughing about something really random.

The sorting begins after the hat sings the sorting song. And names are called, children are applauding, skipping happily to their respective tables. I watch joyfully as many students walk to the Gryffindor table. When i was sorted into Gryffindor, i wasn't as happy as they are. I was scared of what my family would think with me not being in Slytherin. But after i met my friends, i didn't regret a single thing.

"Malfoy, Scorpius!"

My nephew's name was called. He sits down ont he chair, and just like what happened to Draco, the hat doesn't touch his head when it shouts, "Slytherin!" The Slytherin table goes wild, applauding and cheering. Probably because they finally got another Malfoy to sit there with them.

"Potter, Remus!"

Remus nervously walks up and sits down. The hat is placed on his head, and begins saying, "Ah, another Malfoy-Potter. I remember when your father was pleading to not be put in Slytherin like it was yesterday. But here.. You're cunning, ambitious, just like your old man. I say..."

"Slytherin!" The had shouts, and the Slytherins cheer once more.

"A Potter in Slytherin!" I can hear one of the students shout, as Remus walks to the table and sits beside his cousin. Another student adds, "It makes sense! He is half Malfoy."

Remus looks at me with a wide grin on his face. He waves happily, while i mouth, "Proud of you." I smile as i watch my son shake hands with his fellow students, getting to know people.

"Malfoy would freak out," Neville, who sits beside me at the staff table says. I chuckle, and shrug, "I know, right?"

"Potter, Minerva!"

Minnie walks excitedly to the hat, letting it rest on her head while giggling. Before she's sorted, the hat asks me, "How many kids do you have exactly, Professor Potter?" Laughter from students emmerge at the Great Hall, while i reply to the hat, smiling, "Four."

"Ah.. So this is the youngest. A lot more patient than her siblings, a lot more gentle. Must be...." The sorting hat starts, before shouting;

"Hufflepuff!"