polyjuice

y / n  m a l f o y

y / n  m a l f o y

After everything that happened at Hogwarts, Moony didn't dare let me get out of his sight. He took me in, brought me to his cottage with Nymphadora, and that's also when they announced to me that they're having a child! How fantastic, i'm going to be an aunt! That's the only good news i've heard so far.

Now here i am, staring outside the window. It's pouring rain, even lightning sometimes come striking by. My mind starts thinking to the moment my aunt had her wand on my neck. She was going to kill me, she wouldn't hesitate to if she got the chance. But my father held her back. Out of everyone, it was my father who stopped her.

"Y/n," Remus calls out to me. I turn my head to face him, finding the man holding a cup of hot chocolate. He hands it to me, smiling. I gladly take the cup, "Thank you."

As much as i love Remus and Nymphadora, and love living here, i miss my friends. I miss Harry. I haven't seen them all summer. Remus has locked me up in here since Bellatrix almost killed me. He's been scared- Terrified. Terrified that she would kill me without second thought. Just like that. He's been hiding me from everyone, not even Harry knows where i am. He doesn't want to take any chances.

"I hope you understand, Y/n. I'm doing this to protect you," He says, sitting down beside me. I nod and smile, "I get it." He gives me a half smile, stroking the back of my head. "I know you miss your friends," He mutters, "And you'll meet them soon. Very soon, i promise. But right now.. It's too dangerous."

"I know, Moony," I nod, "I appreciate that." He sighs, and says, "I can't let you die."

"I won't. Don't worry," I try to reassure him. While he takes a deep breath, and lightly shakes his head, "It's hard to say that now, given the circumstances."

"Remus? Y/n?" Nymphadora walks in the room, she looks a bit worried, peeking out of the glass window. Remus notices her, and asks, "Ah, yes honey?" She asks back, her focus still being on the window, "Are we expecting someone?"

Remus' expression changes, he looks worried and scared. His eyes are wide, eyebrows furrowed, and he's breathing heavily. He asks his wife, "No, why?"

"People are here."

Remus quickly takes my hand, pulling me up. He rests his hands on both of my shoulders, and instructs me sternly, "Y/n, hide. You have to hide. Don't go out before i tell you it's safe, do you understand me?" I nod eagerly, and he exclaims, "Now go!"

I quickly run away from the front door, hiding inside a little cupboard. I can hear the door creaking open

"Hold your wolves, Lupin," Says a familiar voice, a very familiar voice. I furrow my eyebrows, but still not moving from my hiding spot. Moony told me i can't get out before he tells me to. Then i hear Moony's voice greeting, "Mad-eye? Why didn't you tell us you were coming?"