hogsmeade

"Oh, Hermione

"Oh, Hermione. Look at Romeo and Juliet with their letters."

h a r r y p o t t e r

"My father only signed for Draco," Y/n sighs as the four of us walk.

My permission slip wasn't signed too, so it's kind of a relief to hear that Y/n will also be staying back.

I asked Professor Mcgonagall to sign it, but she said she couldn't.

"You're not coming then?" Ron asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You didn't let me finish, Ronald," She scoffs, and rolls her eyes playfully.

"Alright, go on."

"Luckily, mum somehow still loves me, so she signed it. I think i'm going to buy her a gift for thanks," She smiles to herself. Mrs Malfoy sounds.. Decent. Better than her husband and son anyway.

Well i guess, i'll be alone then.

"You should, she sounds like a wonderful woman," Hermione chimes in, smiling.

"She is," Y/n nods, smiling back at her.

"I'm alone then," I shrug, forcing a smile on my face as my friends turn back.

"I can stay behind if you'd like," Y/n offers. And i actually would like that. A lot. But i know i can't be selfish, i should let her enjoy her time.

"No, no, go on it's okay."

"You sure?"

"Of course!"

Then, i see her reaching for some paper and a quill in her bag, and begin writing.

She smiles and gives it to me. I look down at the parchment. Smiling as i read it.

"Wait, Y/n!" I call out, the three of my friends all stop in their tracks, turning back.

"Can i have some paper? And your quill?" I request, she nods and pass it on to me.

"Oh, Hermione, look at Romeo and Juliet with their letters," Ron teases, giving Y/n and i a knowing smirk. I only take a quick glance at him before continuing to write.

"Romeo and Juliet both die at the end of their story, just saying," Y/n scoffs, crossing her arms.

I gulp.

Isn't a love story supposed to be romantic? Not- Not involving deaths?

"Wait, are you serious?" Ron questions, he seems to be just as confused as i am.

"Unlike you, i actually read muggle stories until the very end, Ron. Not just- Know the title."

"Ronald doesn't know what he's talking about, Y/n," Hermione says, dragging Ron away. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah, i'm just going to wait on Harry for a bit. Go on, i'll meet you there," Y/n smiles, after her permission, Hermione and Ron walk off together.

"Are you done with your letter, Romeo?" Y/n playfully asks, turning back to me.

"Just a moment, Juliet," I play along, eyes still focused on the piece of parchment. She giggles and rolls her eyes as i give it to her.

"I'll see you in a bit," She says as she walks backwards, away from me.

"Have fun!"

"I don't think i can," She shakes her head and smirks. Before running off, catching up with Hermione and Ron.

y / n m a l f o y

"Why don't you go talk to your brother?" Hermione says when she catches Draco and his friends entering Honeydukes. "Malfoy's here?" Ron asks, as he searches for more chocolate frogs.

I shrug and shake my head. Draco has been avoiding me since that hospital wing incident.

"Are you almost done, Ronald? I need to go to Dervish and Banges," I ask, tapping Ron's shoulder impatiently.

"Why would you go there?" Hermione asks, as we both walk past Draco.

"To get Harry's gift, of course! And then i might have to go to Dogweed and Deathcap to get my mother's." I exclaim, making sure Draco hears, to remind him to get our mother something, without actually telling him to.