Vol. 2.16 | The Confrontation

harry potter

harry potter

I take a deep breath and approach the couple. It feels so heart breaking to see Y/n looking at someone else the way she used to look at me. Kissing someone else the way she used to kiss me. Laughing with someone else the same way she used to laugh with me. What happened to forever and always? What happened to her? Questions start forming in my mind by itself. Was i just not good enough for her?

My breath hitch as i clear my throat, gaining the soon to be wedded couple's attention. Theodore seems surprised to see me, yet Y/n looks like she doesn't care at all. Which hurts. A fucking lot. Her eyes don't sparkle anymore when she sees me.

"What the hell happened to you?" Were the words that came out of my mouth almost instantly. Y/n raises an eyebrow, then smirks, "Oh, you're here," She says, with no sense of guilt or sadness whatsoever. "I'm here to come get you-- Rescue you. You don't want to get married with him," I stop to glance at Theodore, then my eyes travel back to Y/n, "Do you?" I ask, praying she says no.

But to my disappointment, she shakes her head and snickers, "I do. Cry about it." 

No way Y/n just said that to me.

My eyebrows furrow, feeling very insulted. "What?" I scowl in confusion. Theodore looks at me, then down to Y/n. He tugs her arm, saying, "Y/n, you don't--" But Y/n interrupts him, putting a finger over his lips. "Theo," She calls out sweetly, "I don't want him ruining our happy day," She glares at me. Theodore licks the inside of his cheek, feeling the tension.

"Y/n, i love you," I exclaim, fighting the urge to cry-- How embarrassing would that be. "Too bad i don't," She replies, and i feel that like a thousand knives stabbing my heart. I reach for her hands, mine shaking as i desperately trying to remind us of how happy we were-- How perfect we were together. "Listen. You love me, and i love you. You sent me love letters-- Right?" My voice trembles as i speak, struggling to stay calm.

I pause to catch my breath, locking her hands in mine as she tries to break free. "You-- You rode Buckbeak with me, remember? We stargazed at the astronomy tower every night, picnic by the lake every weekend, remember?" 

"Shit, we broke up too, like a million times. Cedric, Dean, your death eater drama or whatever, but we always came back to each other. Always. Because at the end of the day, you're my fate, and i'm yours." I beg, i beg, and i beg. She has to remember. The good times and the bad ones. All of it.

"No. My fate is Theo, and i am his."

I can't move. I just stand here, frozen, numb. Can't feel my legs, my heart shattering. I just can't believe she's saying these things. She was fine a couple of days ago. So why isn't she now? Y/n then gives me a smile-- not the warm and loving one she always gives me though. "Now, if you'll excuse us, my future husband and i are going to go greet our guests," Y/n says, pulling Theo's arm with her as she walks away.