order of the phoenix

"I love you, bubbles

"I love you, bubbles."

y / n m a l f o y

Cedric is dead. I can't believe he's gone. This is all so surreal.

I miss him.

Harry says Voldemort's back.

He also said that my father was there, with Voldemort.

"They said Harry will arrive soon," Hermione tells me, resting her hand on my shoulder.

I only smile weakly at her, and nod.

I knew father was an evil human being- But i didn't know he was a death eater. Not a single soul in my family felt the need to tell me. They hid this all from me. Draco, and even mum. I'm certain Draco knew, because he panicked when i told him i was going to search for names of death eaters.

I'm disappointed and upset. I'm ashamed to have Lucius Malfoy as a father, i'm ashamed to have Malfoy as my surname. I'm ashamed that this is my true origins.

I'm a death eater's daughter.

I haven't talked to anyone ever since i arrived at the order's headquarters. Haven't spoken a single word, haven't eaten, haven't smiled.

Haven't written to Harry at all during summer.

"We just want you to know that we're still your friends, Y/n. No matter who your family is," Ron reassures, and of course, i still don't say anything. I only smile weakly at him.

I didn't go home to the manor for summer break, i went straight with the Weasleys. They're very loving people, and i'm very lucky to have met them.

I really want to erase Malfoy from my name right now.

Can i borrow a surname? Can i change it? Is that a thing? Or do i have to marry someone to legally do it?

We see the door creak open, revealing.. Harry.

Hermione stands up from my bed and runs to Harry, attacking him with a hug. As Ron walks over to them.

While this is happening, i only take a quick glance of Harry. Before going back to my own thoughts again, sitting on the bed, legs crossed, fiddling with the promise ring Draco gave me.

Tsch, promise?

"Harry! We heard about the dementor attack, you must tell us everything!"

"Let the man breathe, Hermione."

Hermione starts explaining to Harry about how they can't expell him, while i sit silently.

One sentence keeps ringing in my head, over and over again:

"You are a death eater's daughter."

What if he forces me to become one of them? What if i become a death eater? Does that mean i'll have to help Voldemort kill my own boyfriend?