page 394

"Did i give you permission to speak, Miss Malfoy?"

y / n m a l f o y

Professor Snape storms in to the DADA classroom. Closing every window as he makes his way, blocking any source of light. It gives a dingy feeling to the classroom.

I don't like it.

I don't like it one bit.

"Turn to page 394."

Everyone seems to be confused and dumbfounded, including Harry who's sitting beside me.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" He sits up and asks.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time,

Turn to page 394."

"Werewolves?" Ron, who is sitting on the left side of Harry and i's desk asks.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks," I protest to the Professor, trying to sound as polite as possible.

He scares me.

It's unfortunate that he only favors one Malfoy in this school.

"Did i give you permission to speak, Miss Malfoy? It still is a pity that you're not in Slytherin. Your brother could've taken you under his wing. You could've been just like him, a remarkable student. Sadly, you're now just one of Gryffindor's delinquents."

Not the Gryffindor - Slytherin thing again. This has haunted me ever since the first time i sat at the Gryffindor table.

'You should've been here!' 'You should've been there!' 'You could've been this and that!'

I'm so exhausted of hearing that.

At home, the one to harass me with it is father.

At school, it's Professor Snape.

I frown, resting my chin on my hand as i huff, annoyed. Harry rubs my back and smiles at me assuringly.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf?"

"No one?"

"How disappointing."

Please, sir," Hermione? How did she-

"Since when is she here? Did you see her come in?" Ron asks, completely dumbfounded and creeped out. I shrug and shake my head no.

"An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon... he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend. The werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

Draco, whose desk is on my right side, howls, imitating a werewolf.

To put it simply,

He's mocking Hermione.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's the second time a Gryffindor has spoken out of turn. Are you incapable of restraining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"You asked us a question and she knows the answer! Why ask if you don't want to be told?" Ron says.

"Five points from Gryffindor. As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning... two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis... on recognizing it."

As soon as he says that, the class breaks into groans and complaints.

Including, Harry,

"Sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow!"

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394."

Snape starts muttering something afterwards, but my focus stays on Harry. "Don't worry, Harry. You'll still do great! I'll help you finish the assignment and cheer the loudest for you tomorrow," I reassure, giving him a warm smile as he returns it.

But then.. As i get lost in my own thoughts.. I start to suspect something..

Scared of a full moon?

Incapable of teaching at the present time?

Studying about werewolves right now even though we're not supposed to..?

Could Professor Lupin possibly be a werewolf?

Ah, Y/n, you're mental. How could he be a werewolf? I shouldn't accuse one of the nicest teachers i've ever had as a werewolf.

-------------

"Break a leg out there! Not actually break a leg, but.. Oh no, it's not even the right term.. It isn't for sports.. I should've just said good luck..." I start to trail off, talking to Harry who's getting ready for his quidditch game.

"Y/n.." He chuckles at my antics, putting both of his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry! I just- It's like a storm out there, it's pouring rain! I'm worried for you.." I sigh, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear nervously.

"I'm going to be just fine, okay? Calm down," He reassures, smiling.

Instinctively, i jump on to him. Wrapping my arms around his body. He hugs me back, and i burry my face on his shoulder.

I let go reluctantly. I'm still scared and worried, why would they let students play in this weather?