Vol. 2.19 | Antidote

draco malfoy

draco malfoy

I didn't sleep well last night. Maybe it was the new surroundings, or maybe it was because i'm anxious about brewing the antidote. But i told myself i have to be optimistic, i have to believe in myself, in Potter, Weasley and even Granger. I have to be optimistic in front of Potter at least. Because i know how scared he is right now. He can't afford to lose another important person to him after everything and everyone he has lost.

I get up from the bed, and change into my outfit yesterday, since i didn't bring any other clothes. Potter let me borrow his pajamas though. That was very nice of him. After tidying the bed, i walk out of my bedroom, and make my way to Potter's. The door is already slightly open, so i can see him sitting on his bed and frowning.

After a knock and a nod from Potter, i enter his bedroom, sitting on the bed beside him. "Thanks for letting me stay in, Potter," I smile, resting my hand on his shoulder. He nods, smiling back at me, but it looks forced, "No problem. If anything, this house is rightfully yours than it is mine. This was your family's residence."

"You were closer to Sirius than i ever was," I tell him, and his expression softens. I can't imagine how hard it is for him.. Losing everyone closest to you one by one, dropping like flies. When he didn't know Y/n was alive, he probably felt so alone.

"She'll come back to you. She will," I try to reassure him. Potter locks his eyes with mine, not saying anything for a while. He then sighs, "I'm just.. Scared. I don't want to lose her again." I shake my head in response, "You won't. She truly loves you, Potter. What she has with Theo isn't real."

"Is it though?" Potter asks, leaving me dumb founded. My eyebrows furrow instantly, so i ask him back, "What do you mean?" He lets out a scornful chuckle and shrugs, "Four years being apart from me, and four years being glued to Nott. Who knows if she has developed real feelings for him over time?"

"She hasn't. Potter, for the last four years, all she cared about was you. She always asked me about you, she always hugged your stupid old jumper, she talked to the moon and everything. She tried to come back to you. She never stopped trying. Theo did have feelings for Y/n, but they faded away since he met Luna."

He nods, understanding my point. I really hope that helped him believe in the love he and my sister have. He then looks up and asks, "Why are you helping me?" I reply, smiling, "I've never seen my sister so head over heels for someone. And i know you're the one for her."

We arrive at Hogwarts. Potter, Weasley, Granger and i. I never thought i'd be back here, let alone with these three. After the war, i promised myself i'd never go back. The trauma is just too much. Especially the room of requirements and the astronomy tower. But this is for Y/n and luckily, we don't need to go to those places.

We reach the green house. I walk in behind the three friends, keeping my hands in my pockets. I never really got along with Longbottom at all. But for the sake of Y/n.. I'll have to make amends with everyone. Well, you can't be enemies forever, can you?