admirers

All the boys, they were saying they were into it

Such a pretty face,
On a pretty neck.
She's driving me crazy.

Kiwi,
By Harry Styles
(aka bae)

h a r r y p o t t e r

"Mate! Mate!" Ron runs up to me. He takes a second to catch his breath as i stop in my tracks.

"What? What's going on?" I ask curiously, what if something happened with Y/n? "Is everything alright? Where's Y/n?"

"She's with Hermione, but this is about her," Ron tells me, as he drags me away to walk with him towards the Great Hall.

"What happened with her?" I ask worriedly, clutching Ron's arm.

"Nothing! It's just- You really have to ask her to the ball. Like, immediately!" He shouts, and i can feel my brows furrow.

"And why is that?" I ask, entering the Great Hall with Ron.

"Why is that, you ask? Every boy in this school has asked her! Well, almost everyone. I didn't, because i know she's for you. And Malfoy obviously didn't, because.. You know..."

"Yes, i get the point, Ron," I sigh.

Maybe i really do need to ask her, pronto. I mean.. Look at her! Who wouldn't want to go with her to the ball?

I just hope she turned down everyone, everyone who has asked her. I'm really hoping to go with her. Then maybe.. I can finally ask her to be my girlfriend.. Officially.

"Did she say yes to any?" I ask Ron, as we approaches Hermione and Y/n at the Gryffindor table.

Ron shakes his head, as he takes the seat across Hermione, and i take the one across from Y/n.

"Hey! Have you guys found your dates yet?" Y/n asks, sitting up when she sees us.

We both shake our heads, and Ron helps himself with some snack.

"How about you?" I ask Y/n, raising my eyebrows, impatiently waiting for her response.

"Nope," She tells us, popping the P. Before she carries on reading her book.

"It's not like no one has asked her, multiple boys have!" Hermione nudges Y/n's shoulder, smirking at her.

She just smiles, still looking down at her book.

Multiple? How many is multiple?

"How many people have asked you exactly, Y/n?" Ron asks, his mouth stuffed with bread.

"A fair few," She shrugs. Eyeing at me, raising then furrowing her eyebrows as i avoid eye contact with her.

She makes me nervous.

But what is she trying to tell me with those.. Eye movements?

"A fair few?" Hermione scoffs, "There was too many, she lost count already!"

Lost count?

Just then, a Ravenclaw boy comes up to us and smiles, looking at Y/n to be exact.

I glare at him, and roll my eyes.

"Hey.. Y/n.." He greets, and Y/n gives him a wide smile, her eyes sparkling.

"Hi!"

"I was wondering.. If.. You'd want to go to the ball with me?"

Y/n frowns instantly, pressing her lips together. She always does that when she feels bad about something, or someone.

"I'm sorry.. But- I'm waiting for someone to ask me.." She says to the boy, but keeping her gaze at me. "Sorry!" She apologises, turning back to the Ravenclaw, and he walks back to his table, disappointedly.

I turn back to Y/n, smirking and furrowing my eyebrows at her. As Hermione and Ron exchange knowing looks.

"Waiting for someone to ask you, huh?"

"Yeah.. And who might that be?"

-----

Every once in a while when Y/n and i walk together, a boy comes up to us. Asking if he can be Y/n's date.

There's at least 8 boys that have done that at this point, not even acknowledging that i'm with her. Can't they get a hint?

I mean.. It's not like i'm her boyfriend.. And i haven't even asked her. Yet.

I'm waiting for the right moment, and to build up my courage.

But she is driving me crazy, to be honest.

All these boys.. I'm afraid she'll say yes to one of them.

Like... Cedric! For instance. What is he asks her? And what if she says yes?

"You've got.. A handful of people asking you there," I nudge her shoulder. Trying to hide my jealousy.

"Shut up, Potter," She laughs. And reaches for my hand.

I feel my cheeks heat up when our fingers interlock.

We walk hand in hand together, catching a lot of people's attention.

Everyone looks at us as we walk pass, girls whispering, boys glaring. It feels weird to get all the attention like this. Not that i'm not used to it.. But i feel like it's different this time.

"Y/n!" Draco Malfoy shouts, making the both of us turn back. Seeing him run up to us.

He glares down at our locked hands, and quickly separate them.

"What are you two doing? Get your dirty hands off of my sister! Come on Y/n, i need to talk to you," And with that, he drags Y/n away.

"Sorry Harry!" She apologises, before following behind her brother.

y / n m a l f o y

"You know, you could've just used telepathy. You didn't need to drag me away from Harry and make a scene," I scoff, crossing my arms.

"But that would've been less fun," My brother smirks, shaking his head.

"Okay.. What do you want?" I ask him, annoyed.

"You know how there's this pathetic ball coming up?"

"Yeah?"

"Remember how you and mumsy used to dance all the time?"

"How could i not?"

"You're not going to believe this, but i need you to teach me how to dance."

A/n:
Happy Christmas to all of you Y/ns!