the final battle

I pull you in to feel your heartbeatCan you hear me screaming? Please don't leave meHold on, I still want youCome back, I still need you

Can you hear me screaming?
Please don't leave me
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you

Hold on by
chord overstreet

y / n  m a l f o y

I wake up to the sound of chatters and cries, and when i slowly open my eyes, i find myself lying in a sleeping bag on the floor. I feel like i've just woken up from a nightmare, and Harry's probably not gone. But unfortunately, it wasn't. Remus is beside me, while he talks to Mrs. Weasley about something. It seems to be a serious matter, i can tell from their worried looks.

Carefully, i sit up, and Remus notices. I rub my eyes to get a better view, as he helps me to sit straight. I ask him, "What's going on?" He looks down at me worriedly, and replies, "Death eaters are out front, Y/n. With Voldemort."

My eyes widen, as my heart starts beating uncontrollably. Quickly, i stand up and head towards the door. But Remus catches up to me. He grabs my hand, making me turn back. "I think it's better for you to stay here," He advises, but i shake my head and run out of the castle.

And when i get outside, i see a line of death eaters wearing all black, including my parents and Voldemort himself. I turn to the side a bit, and see Hagrid, carrying what looks like a dead body. But.. The figure looks familiar. Very familiar. It can't be. No, no. That's not Harry.

"Who is that, Hagrid's carrying?" I ask worriedly, as i grow more and more scared. I ask Neville, who is standing in front of me, "Neville, who is it?"

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort announces proudly, and i feel the whole world come crashing down on me. Our plans, all in the drain now. The love of my life is dead.

Harry. He's really gone. I stare at the sight, on the verge of tears. This can't be. I can't lose him. I promised myself that Iid protect him and never let anything happen to him. We promised that we would die together. But here i am, and there he is. His lifeless body.

"Harry Potter... Is dead! From this day forth, you'll put your faith in me."

Remus comes up to me, and he hugs me tight. I cry in his arms intensely, as he tries his best to calm me down, whispering reassuring words. But what's the use? What's the use when Harry's literally dead?

This sight pains me, all those times i spent with him, the only person i truly loved, gone forever. I want to move my legs, but i can't. I just can't. I'm stuck. Frozen. Helpless.

Why? Why did i even complicate my life like this? Why did i fall in love with someone like him in the first place? I should've known that he was destined to die in the beginning, and my love story with him wouldn't have a happy ending.