sectumsempra

y / n  m a l f o y

y / n  m a l f o y

"Stop it, Ron. You're making it snow," Hermione scolds, as Harry and i wipe the tiny snowflakes off the table. While Ron still keeps his gaze on Lavender, who is sitting at the table across the room.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again," Ron says, still not keeping his gaze off his ex girlfriend. It's been a few days since the incident, and i understand why he's a bit baffled. He wasn't completely aware of his surroundings, and he didn't outwardly break up with her either, so he's right confused.

"Well, she came to visit you in the hospital. And you talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation," Hermione explains, glancing nervously at me.

We're currently in the great hall, sitting at our usual table. With me sitting beside Harry, while Ron and Hermione sit side by side across us.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. It’s just she seems a bit... put out," Ron mutters, still having a mixed look of guilt and confusion all over his face. He's still looking at Lavender, and so is Hermione. So, out of human nature, Harry and i turn back to look at the girl.

I furrow my eyebrows, i can't help feeling bad for her. I pity her, in so many ways. Because i feel her pain. Seeing the hurt look on her face, that was the same look i had when Harry broke up with me.

"I kinda feel bad for her now," I mutter ss i turn back to my friends. While Harry rests his hand on my shoulder, giving me an apologetic smile.

"Yes, um... She does, doesn't she? You say you don't remember anything from that night. Anything at all?" Hermione asks Ron with hopeful eyes, i know what she means, and i bloody do hope Ron remembers. "There is something," Ron says, which makes Hermione's eyes light up, but he continues, "It can't be. I was completely boggled, wasn't I?"

"Boggled.." Hermione mutters as her face drops. She really whishes Ron knew. "Harry... That's Katie. Katie Bell," She continues, when she notices the girl walking past. Harry gets up immediately, clutching the half blood prince's book in one hand, and clutching my hand in the other.

"Katie, how are you?" Harry asks the girl, but she already knows his motives. She shakes her head, "I know you're going to ask, Harry. But I don't know who cursed me. I've been trying to remember. Honestly. But I just can't."

I shrug, looking back while Harry is still talking to Katie. I notice Draco standing there, his face looks sad, worried, scared, broken, all of the bad expressions at once. Overall, he looks like he's about to break down to tears any minute now. Which is so unlike him.

"Draco," I say in a low breathy voice quietly, while Draco's fearful expression grows deeper. He backs off, beginning to walk out of the great hall. Without second thought, i decide to follow him.