Vol 2.21 | Unwanted Engagement

y/n malfoy

y/n malfoy

My father stands up, and grabs Harry by his arm, forcing him to stand up too. He drags Harry out of the dining room, towards the door. "Now i ask you to leave," He says, while Harry pleads, "Mr. Malfoy, please think about this."

"I have thought about it. And the answer is no. Now please leave," My father opens the door, kicks Harry out, and locks it. I try to reach him, but Harry was already out of sight. "Harry!" I shout, but that did nothing.

"Why would you do that?" I turn to my father and ask angrily. He doesn't even have a look of guilt on his face. I shout, loud enough that my voice echoes through the manor, "I hate you more than anything and anyone else in the world!"

"I'm doing this to protect you!" He shouts back, defending himself. I scoff, "Protect me?" Then i roll up my left sleeve, revealing the dark mark that has since faded into a scar, and continue to shout at him, "You were the reason i got this! How is that protecting me?"

He looks down at the mark without saying anything. He then looks back up to my eyes, and point to my bedroom, ordering me, "Your bedroom. Now."

"I'm sick and tired of your shit!" I shout at him again, before stomping away and heading to my bedroom.

As i pass the living room, Theo looks at me, and says, "Told you it wouldn't work."

I point my wand at him, intending to stun him with a stupefy, but i ended up casting a nonverbal spell. Without uttering the incantation, his body flies back. "Shut the fuck up!" I exclaim angrily and run to my room, finding the boys dumbfounded.

I throw myself on my bed, and just close my eyes, hoping that this is all just a dream, and i'll wake up by Harry's side. But when i open my eyes again, i find my mum sitting on my bed, brushing my hair away from my face. "Are you awake?" She asks softly, and i nod, replying, "Hi, mum."

"I'm sorry that i can't do anything about it sweet heart," She apologizes, kissing my cheek, "I just want you to be happy." I force a smile and nod, "I know, mum. I know.. It's father's fault. Not yours."

Just then, my father barges into the room. He's holding a pretty emerald green dress, and hands it to me while saying, "I bought a dress, a tuxedo, and told Potter to go back inside."

He's telling us to get married right now?

Is he finally giving us his blessing? His cold heart finally melted? Harry and i could have the life we've always wanted? Together?

I jolt up in excitement, and ask him with wide eyes, "Wait— You actually want us to get married now?" My father shakes his head, "Close, but engagement."

"Dad! Thank you so much—"

"Oh you're welcome," He smiles, "Now i'll give the tuxedo to Theodore."

My face drops. The once happy and excited expression i had now turns into a frown. "To— To Theo?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. And he nods, laughing, "Why yes. You thought i gave you my blessing to marry Potter?"

"Well?" I lift an eyebrow. He shakes his head, "No. You're still marrying Theodore Nott. Potter will watch. Now go get ready."

My mum gives me an apologetic smile, kissing my forehead, and then leaves the room along with my father. There's nothing i can do besides giving in. I can't escape, i can't say no, i have to get through this. Theo and i will find a way, right?

I walk out of my bedroom after changing into the dress, and walk to the foyer. And there's where i find Harry, looking down and trying to stop his tears. "Harry!" I squeal, running up to him and giving him a hug. "Y/n!" He hugs back.

"I don't want this. I don't—" I cry into his shoulder, and Harry whispers, "I know, i know, bubs." He then breaks the hug, still holding my arm, attempting to apparate away.

"How silly of you, Potter. You cannot apparate in my house," My father says, grabbing my hand away from his, "Come, Y/n." I try to break free, shouting, "No—"
"Y/n," My father calls out again.

"I'll be here," Harry forces a smile, whispering, "I'll think of something. I promise."

My father drags me away to the middle of the room, and leads me to a stage— Like a platform. Theo's already standing there, wearing a blax tuxedo. He takes my hand, helping me walk up the steps. Then he sighs in frustration, "Not this again.."

"Do you have a plan?" I lean in closer to him and whisper. He replies, whispering back, "No. We can't do anything, Y/n. We can't leave, we certainly can't plead." Theo then smiles, and his eyes light up, "Hey that rhymed."

"Theo!" I scold, and he rolls his eyes, "I'm sorry, okay? What if we just get a divorce or something on the first day of marriage?"

"Is that possible?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows and he shrugs in response,
"Well— It has to be, right?"

"Thank you to all our guests for coming," My father starts speaking, as Theo and i quickly move a few inches away from each other.

But then Theo whispers again, "We've been best friends all our lives, Y/n. This is easy work. We get married, then we get divorced. Done."

"Okay so that's our plan?" I ask, and he lifts an eyebrow, "Do you have a better idea?" I shake my head, "No."

"Well that's our plan," Theo says, and i ask again, "And if we can't get a divorce?" Theo opens his mouth, but he seems hesitant as he says, "We... We'll improvise."

"How?"

"I don't know."

"Theo—"

"Now.. I want to share a story of our lovely couple today," My father begins speaking again.

"Y/n and Theodore met when they were merely three years old. We've always known how close they were. They played together everyday in our backyard, they were always there for each other, and i'm very happy that overtime, their bond of friendship turned into something more. Turned into love. And today.. We are celebrating that love."

"As a father, i want my daughter to be happy and safe," He shoots me a look, then looks at Harry, when he says the word safe, "That's why i'm trusting Theodore with that responsibility."

"Now we're going to watch the lovely couple exchange their rings. Y/n, if you will."

"I won't—" I start, but he interrupts me, "I said, put the ring on Theodore's finger, Y/n."

"I don't want this. I don't love him, and he doesn't love me," I tell him, but he only scowls in response, "Y/n!"

Theo then whispers, to reassure me, "We'll get divorced, it's easy work." I sigh, looking up at him, then to the diamond engagement ring, "At least the ring is shiny."

My hand shakes as i take the ring from my mother. I look at Harry one last time, only to find him with tears streaming down his face. I gulp, and take Theo's hand to put the ring on his finger.

But the ring falls from my hand.

It rolls down the steps of the platform, and along the fancy dark green carpet, and then it stops.

It stops when it reaches Harry.

a/n;
believe me you are going to love the next chapter

oh and happy three months of paper and ink <33