Vol. 2.12 | Best Friends' Happy Day

this gif doesn't really make sense to the chapter but i just wanted to use it because he looks hella fine

y/n malfoy

Not long after Harry and i finished preparing the compartment, Ron came back, with a shiny diamond ring. I look Ron up and down, scanning his outfit. "Dashing, you are, Ronniekins," I chuckle, complementing my best friend.

I approach the red head, and fix his collar. "Hermione would not like that," I snicker, tidying up his messy hair as well. "It's going to be just fine," I smile up at him, resting both of my hands on his shoulders.

"You're right," Ron huffs, trying to calm himself down, "You're right, Y/n. Like you always are." Harry steps forward, and he extends his arms to give Ron a hug. "She'll say yes, mate. Believe in yourself," Harry says, patting his best friend's back.

"Okay.. Okay.. It'll be fine," Ron shuts his eyes, sighing heavily. "Ron? Harry? Y/n?" A soft voice calls out. The three of us turn back, finding Hermione, wearing her school robes. "What's all this?" She asks, "Why have you asked me to wear school robes and meet here?"

I clear my throat, as i give Ron a nudge forward. Ron nervously walks up to Hermione, holding his hand out. "Come with me," He says quite awkwardly, gulping almost immediately. Hermione seems confused, but takes Ron's hand anyway.

Ron and Hermione walk into the train, heading to the decorated compartment as Harry and i quietly and slowly follow behind, keeping our distance from them of course.

As we get closer and closer to the compartment, i pull Harry's arm excitedly, whisper shouting to him,
"Pull out the camera, the camera, Harry!" Harry flinches at the sudden gesture, but immediately pulls out the camera, hitting record.

Harry and i stand outside of the compartment, documenting Ron and Hermione.

"See here?" Ron says to Hermione as they both enter the compartment, "The exact spot we met in 1991." Hermione looks around the small area, and then turns to look at Ron again. "Crazy how time flies," She says, smiling wide.

Hermione then spins around the compartment, adoring the decorations.
"This is beautiful, Ron," She breathes, as Ron glances at me. I give him a thumbs up, encouraging the red head. "Just like you," Ron takes a deep breath, and finally compliments her.

Hermione looks at Ron with such love in her glimmering eyes, blushing slightly. "Stop," She laughs, looking down to her feet as she pushes Ron's shoulder. Ron laughs along, putting some dirt on his nose, and taking a some sweets behind him. Shoving them in his mouth.

"Ron Weasley," He says, muffling through his full mouth, recreating the moment they met. Hermione laughs, but then throws on a pocker face. She side eyes Ron, and says, "Pleasure."

The couple both break into laughter, as Harry and i watch in awe. Even just seeing them like that makes my stomach feel warm and fuzzy. Seeing my friends being happy makes me so incredibly happy.

"But.. Ron," Hermione turns to ask him, "Why are we here?" Ron sighs, taking her hand, as he says;

"Hermione, i never thought i would ever fall in love with you. It just happened, and i'm really glad it did. I still feel so dumb for not realizing how important you are to me sooner. Hermione, to be honest, sometimes i can't stand you, but without you, i wouldn't even be the person that i am. I'm happy because of you. Because i love you. More than anything."

"Harry, this is so cute," I whisper to my boyfriend, resting my arm on his shoulder. "Just you wait until you hear my proposal speech," He whispers back, slightly giggling.

"Hermione Jean Granger," Ron starts again, "I may have not had the courage to ask you to go to our school ball together 8 years ago. But i do have the courage to ask you this."

"Ron, what's--" Hermione tries to ask her boyfriend, but gets interrupted by Ron, getting down on one knee, pulling out the ring box from his pocket, "My Hermione, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Hermione's hand flies to her mouth in shock, tears start streaming down her eyes. "YES!!" She squeals, as Ron stands, picking her up and spinning her around.

"AWEEEE!" Harry and i simultaneously exclaim, looking at the two. The couple turn to look at us, eyebrows furrowed. They probably had forgotten we were here. I nod, "Yeah, we're still here." They both ignore us, continuing their special moment.

"I want that to be us," Harry whispers to me. I tilt my head slightly, now looking at him, muttering, "Soon come. Trust the process." Harry chuckles, rolling his eyes playfully, "You sound like a muggle teacher."

"You've got dirt on your nose, by the way. Did you know? Just there," Hermione teases Ron, saying the exact same thing she said to him all those years ago.
"Fix that for me then," Ron replies, completely going off script.
"You weren't supposed to say that!" Hermione scolds jokingly, as Ron chuckles and nods in response,
"Right! Right, sorry."

"Celebratory meal, anyone?"

The three of them agree to eat at a local diner, we pick the most deserted one we could find, so no one would find me. But i still wear a sun hat, and a pair of black sunglasses to cover myself.

"So.." Hermione starts as we eat, "How about you guys? You're proposing soon, right, Harry?" Harry and i look at each other, and then back to Hermione. "Lucius," I shrug, "It's difficult."

"But enough about me and Harry, today's your special day!" I grin wide at my two best friends. "Where do you want the wedding to be? I'm gonna be the maid of honour, right? I ask, raising my eyebrows, as Harry sips his coffee beside me. "Well.. I don't know where it's gonna happen, actually,"  Hermione mumbles, then looks up at Ron, as if she was asking for his opinion. Ron shakes his head, "I have no clue." Hermione then exclaims, "But of course you're going to be maid of honour!"

Hermione sighs, making a clanking noise as her spoon touches the plate. She asks me, "Any suggestions on your part, Y/n?" I gulp my drink quickly, to answer Hermione's question. "Well... I was thinking.. That one safe house near the beach, Ron's aunt's place."

"That's.." Hermione starts, as she then looks up at me with excited puppy eyes, "Brilliant!" She continues, smiling wide. "What do you think, Ron?" Hermione turns to her future husband, as he nods in approval. "That's great! I think that could work."

"And Dobby.." Harry mumbles, remembering Dobby's grave there. "Dobby will look down at the wedding. He's invited," I smile warmly at Harry, taking his hand.

When suddenly, my eyes widen, seeing a long haired blond man in a black suit approaching the diner from one of the windows. "Dad?" I mutter to myself in shock. "Dad?" Harry asks me, although i ignore him. "Ron, quick!! Butterfly!! Turn me into a butterfly!"

And boy was i right. Lucius Malfoy steps in the diner, approaching our table. How does he know i'm here?

"Ah.. What a lovely coincidence," He says to my friends, "Good day to you three, what brings you here?" He asks, and Harry asks back defensively, "What brings YOU here, Mr. Malfoy?"

My father looks down at him with obvious disgust and hatred in his eyes, as he spits, "Who is the one asking questions here, Potter?" He then looks around again, scanning our table. Then he realizes something...

My plate is still on the table, next to Harry's.

"You're with someone, aren't you, Potter?"

a/n;
having my birthday on international women's day is so empowering for me. happy bday nadine and happy international women's day to my strong badass women<3

and i'm so so sorry this chapter is super delayed , i'm currently ✨talking✨ to a guy and it's been super distracting lmao