Vol. 2.20 | Father's Blessing

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?Say yes, say yes, 'cause I need to knowYou say I'll never get your blessing''til the day I die"Tough luck, my friend, but the answer is no"

Say yes, say yes, 'cause I need to know
You say I'll never get your blessing''til the day I die
"Tough luck, my friend, but the answer is no"

Rude by,
Magic

y/n malfoy

After getting Harry's letter, i rush to the backyard, like he told me. To be honest, i'm quite scared that he's coming here. Scared of how my father would react. But Harry's coming, even if i tell him not to. He's a big stubborn baby.

But on the other side, i'm glad that i'm going to see him again. As myself. There's going to be a lot of apologizing to do. When i reach the backyard, i find Harry standing there too, he must've snuck in.

He's smiling wide, opening his arms. I grin as i run to him, hugging him tight instantly. I can hear him chuckling against my shoulder, as he holds me, rocking side to side.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, as Harry strokes the back of my head, he replies, "What are you sorry for? It wasn't your fault." We slowly let go of each other, breaking the hug. "I love you," Harry says. I feel my lips breaking into a smile, and i nod, "I love you too."

"Let's go," I quickly grab his hand, getting ready to apparate away and escape. But Harry stands still, shaking his head like he doesn't want to leave. "What?" I ask him, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "I didn't come here only to pick you up," Harry sighs, his expression softening.

"Then what did you come here for?" I ask, still locking my hand with Harry's and raising my eyebrows. He takes a deep breath, before he tells me, "I'm here to talk to your father."

"Funny joke" I chuckle, rolling my eyes playfully. But when i look back at Harry, he has a blank expression on his face. And that's when i realize he's being serious. My face drops, and i shake my head, "You're mental, you are."

"We need his blessing, Y/n," Harry mutters, looking down to his feet. Even he doesn't look too optimistic about this. "Now?" I lift my eyebrow, as Harry nods, "I'm tired of running away, hiding, getting caught, repeat. We need to settle this."

I huff, taking his hand and leading him inside the manor. As much as i hate to talk to my father right now, Harry's right. We do need his blessing. It's now or never.

We walk hand in hand into the living room, finding the three boys watching what seems like a horror movie. When i open the door, Theo, Blaise, and Draco flinch, instantly pointing their wands at us, with a look of fear on their faces.

"Calm down, you cowards, it's just us," I shrug, and the three of them sigh, putting their wands back to their pockets. "Explains why you lot weren't in Gryffindor," I scoff, as Harry chuckles along with me.

"Why are you idiots here?" Blaise asks, pointing his finger at us. "Daddy Malfoy's gonna freak out. You two better go," Theo advices, leaning back against the sofa. Draco looks at Theo in disgust, and says, "Please don't call my father daddy Malfoy."

"It's weird," I chime in, shaking my head. "Anyways!" Harry exclaims, saving the conversation from the awkward tension, "I'm here to talk to her parents.. To get their blessing."

Draco, Blaise, and Theo exchange looks, before they burst into laughter. I look at them in annoyance, while Harry just stands beside me. "What?" I ask, scowling. "He's never gonna let you marry him," Theo laughs, "Luna and i are gonna run away far from here, and have an elope marriage."

"I want my family to be there when i get married," I say to Theo, and they all stop laughing. Harry slings an arm around me and adds, "And i agree. She should have her family by her side."

"Let's go, Harry," I take his hand and begin walking towards my father's office. Although Theo stops us when we walk pass him. He looks up at Harry, and points to his bruised face. "Reckon you owe me an apology, Potter."

Harry sighs, and he quietly apologizes, "Sorry." Theo nods in satisfaction, "Should've listened first. How grand it is to be the chosen one and act before—"

"Shut your mouth," I interrupt his rambling, and lead Harry to my father. "You ready for this?" I ask him, and Harry only nods. "Words, Harry. I can't be sure if you're silent." Harry turns his head, and says, "I'm ready."

I deliver a row of knocks on the door before turning the door knob, finding Lucius Malfoy signing some papers. "Father," I call out, and he looks up at me. His warm expression turns into a scowl when he sees Harry. He stomps towards him, and says, "What are you doing in my house."

"Relax," I chime in, stepping in front of Harry, "I'll forgive you for the love potion if you listen. He came here to talk." My father furrows his eyebrows, and mumbles, "I don't have a clue what love potion you are referring to."

"Oh shut it, we know you brewed it," Harry scoffs. I turn around to scold him, "As much as i love you, don't make this harder than it already is."

"Just please listen."

My father sighs in defeat, and walk towards the dining room. "Cissy! The Potter boy wants to talk." He calls out to my mother as she walks out of her bedroom. When she sees Harry, she seems surprised. A pleasant surprise though.

She walks towards Harry and shakes his hand, "It's lovely to see you, Harry." Harry smiles at her, and replies, "Lovely to see you too, Narcissa." The four of us sit at the formal dining table, as my father lifts an eyebrow and asks Harry, "What is it that you want to talk about, Potter?"

"Well.." Harry starts, and i notice his finger twitching. I put my hand on top of his, to hopefully help him relax. "It's okay," I reassure, smiling warmly. "Well.. I.." He starts again with a trembling voice, as his hands start shaking and his palms sweating.

"What. Is. It?" My father asks angrily, getting impatient.

"I really want to marry your daughter. Start a family with her, grow old together. I really feel like she's the one for me. I love her, and she loves me. And the fact that after every single problem we always come back to each other is really saying something, right? We're meant to be."

"So i guess what i'm here for.. Is your blessing, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy. And i won't stop pleading until you say yes."

I lean closer to Harry, and whispers, "You did great." He sighs, and smiles nervously, "Thank you." I look back at my parents, as my father eyes mine and Harry's interlocked hands. "I love him," I add, praying they say yes.

"I think you're absolutely right, Mr. Potter. I do believe you are my daughter's fate. Of course, you may marry her," My mother smiles, as Harry's eyes light up. I squeal excitedly as Harry jumps to my arms, holding me tight in joy.

One down, one more to go.

"I'll put it simply," My father starts, clearing his throat, "No."

Our faces drop instantly. "But—" I try to convince my father, but he shakes his head, "No means no," He turns to Harry, and says, "I'll never give you my blessing, Potter."

a/n;
hello my fellow fred simps! i have a new fred x reader book out. i'd appreciate it if you checked it out on my profile! <3