in this together

Baby, we can turn back timedo it all over againtomorrow we can press rewindi never want this night to end

do it all over again
tomorrow we can press rewind
i never want this night to end

Lotus inn,
By Why Don't We

h a r r y  p o t t e r

I walk down the stairs from my dorm to the common room. It's about.. 12 past 14 now? Everyone's asleep.

Everyone except,

Y/n.

I grin widely when i see her laying on the sofa. Looking at the fireplace, playing with her.. Ring? She got a new ring? Who gave that to her?

"I knew you'd be here," I start speaking, leaning against the wall. "I knew you were waiting for me."

Teasing her a little bit wouldn't hurt, right?

She sits up instantly, fixing up her ruffled hair and clears her throat.

"I wasn't waiting for you."

"Yes, you were."

"No, i wasn't."

"Don't lie to me and yourself, Y/n."

"Whatever you say, Potter," She groans, "Wasn't waiting for you, don't really know what you expect me to say."

I chuckle, looking down to my feet as i shake my head.

"Who gave you that ring?" I curiously ask, as i sit down beside her.

"Cedric," She shrugs, smiling down at the ring.

I feel my heart drop, throat tightening. I furrow my eyebrows, studying her grin. Did i really mess up that bad? Are Y/n and Cedric now a thing?

She looks at me, and starts bursting into laughter.

"Just kidding, Draco gave it to me."

Phew.

I hold my chest, letting out a sigh, relieved.

"If you don't believe me.. Look," She says, holding out her hand for me to look at her ring.

"It has D.(Your initial). M. carved into it. It stands for Draco, Y/n Malfoy."

"I believe you," I nod, taking her hand, holding it tight as i run circles with my thumb.

"Come with me," I stand up, pulling her with me. But she doesn't move. Furrowing her eyebrows as she looks up at me.

"No," She shakes her head. "I don't want to."

"Stop playing hard to get, i know you want to come with me."

She shakes her head once again.

"If you don't want to, then why are you still holding my hand?" I ask, making her cheeks turn to a bright shade of pink.