Vol. 2.8 | Ron's Plan

y/n malfoy

y/n malfoy

After we finished our meal, Harry and i went upstairs to play Snitch Snatchers with Teddy. Harry misses Quidditch a lot, and since we can't go play outside and risk being spotted by my family, we play the board game version instead. We also planned that i should move to Remus' cottage tomorrow, because Grimmauld Place is an obvious bet for my father to come looking for me, the burrow too.

I lay on my stomach as Teddy watches Harry and i play, laughing and rooting for me. He then asks, "Were you a part of the quidditch team, Y/n?" Harry laughs, as his team scores and replies, "No, Teddy. Which is why i'm going to win."

I come to my own defense and say to Teddy, "I wanted to try out, Ted. But i was too busy being a death eater." Harry scoffs and rolls his eyes, as i get more into the game.

"I win!" I squeal when my team catches the golden snitch. Harry sighs in annoyance, and then he mumbles, "This game is rubbish." I look up at him with a lifted eyebrow, and pinch his cheeks teasingly, "Awe, little baby's mad he lost."
Teddy joins in teasing Harry, by laughing and pointing at him, saying, "Hawwy's gonna cwy! Hawwy's cwying!"

Harry tickles Teddy, and exclaims, "I'm not crying! I'm a grown man, Teddy!" Teddy wheezes repeatedly, and i pull Harry away to stop before the little child lose his breath. "Okay, grown man, stop." Harry stops tickling the little boy, but the grumpy expression is still painted on his face.

"Y/n, you said you were busy being a death eater. What's that?" Teddy looks up and asks innocently. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, and ask back, "You don't know what a death eater is?" Teddy shakes his head, as i look back to Harry, and say to him, "I thought you told him everything about me."

"A death eater is a witch or wizard who worked for Voldemort," Remus suddenly walks in the room, he then proceeds to sit on the bed, beside his son. Teddy looks up at him, with a sort of confused and scared expression. He asks his father, "Wasn't Voldemort bad?"

I sigh, looking down to my lap in shame, fiddling with my rings. But Harry takes my hand, making me look up and i find him smiling warmly. Remus replies to his son, "Oh yes, he was very bad, Teddy. Very bad."

Teddy looks up at me in fear, and scoots away from me. He asks his father, "Does that mean Y/n is bad?" Remus furrows his eyebrows instantly, and shakes his head. He explains, "No.. No! She didn't want to become one. She was scared if she didn't, her brother would get hurt. That's all. She wasn't completely devoted to him, no. She quit." Teddy's expression softens, and then he turns to me, asking, "Did that make him angry?"

I gulp, as i recall the harm that Voldemort caused. Stuttering, as i nervously explain to Teddy, "It-- It made him ve--very angry. That's why i wasn't-- I wasn't around for some time. He-- He hurt me." Teddy slowly scoots closer, and pulls me in for a hug. I hug him back, very much appreciating the warm gesture. When we break the embrace, Teddy asks again, "But he can't hurt you anymore, right?"