Vol. 2.17 | Potter V Nott

harry potter

harry potter

I only stand still, not saying anything. It's not like i don't want to stand up for myself-- But no words are coming out of my mouth, even if i force myself to. I just can't speak. Frozen. Lucius Malfoy smirks at me, now everyone on the stage drink their champagne.

The others already walked away. They said they wanted to grab some food

Theodore looks around worriedly, Draco taking a peak of his advanced potions book, Y/n clinging on to Theo for dear life, as Narcissa looks gloomily at her daughter. And all i can do is watch, as her father announces the upcoming engagement party, and soon the wedding.

I planned all of those out with Y/n. For us. And now she has to fulfill those plans with someone else. Marrying someone else, having children with someone else. Who knows, maybe her children are going to be Remus and Minerva Nott. Not Remus and Minerva Potter.

I thought after everything we went through, we'd be together. Because when problems came to break us apart, we still found a way to go back to each other. But that was when she loved me. Now.. Seeing the way her eyes shine while looking at Theodore.. I'm not so sure anymore.

"Hello, Harry," A soft, high pitched voice of a certain blonde girl calls out. I turn my head slightly, and force a smile at her. "Hello, Luna," I greet back. Luna gives me a half smile, before her eyes travel to the stage. "Dory looks handsome. Y/n looks beautiful," She says, but i can hear a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Dory?" I ask in confusion, lifting an eyebrow. "It's my nickname for Theodore.. He says he hates it though, finds it embarrassing. But deep down, i know he likes it," Luna replies. "Just like how i call Y/n Bubbles."

"You can't be seen," I tell her, afraid if Lucius Malfoy saw her, she'd get thrown out. "Draco and Blaise figured that out," She smiles, "They put a charm on me, you see. Only certain people are able to see me." I nod at her, now both of us are looking up to Theodore and Y/n on the stage.

"You're his girlfriend, aren't you?" I turn to ask Luna. She stays silent for a while, and doesn't remove her eyes from Theodore. She lightly shakes her head, "No. But he's lots of fun to be around." I sigh, looking at Luna. She has never looked so sad before. "Do you love him?" I ask, being very very curious.

"Yes," Luna turns her head to face me, slightly smiling, "Yes, i do actually." I frown, looking at Luna's forced smile. She must be feeling the same thing i am, and only her can understand me. "Did you have any plans with him? Just like Y/n and i had plans," I question yet again.

I figure it's for the best if i don't ask about Neville though, no matter how curious i am. Don't want to bring up old wounds. She's been through enough.