4: The Remark

"Oh hey!"

After an annoying trip to Tescos with Harry, we returned to see Gemma.
"I thought you two went to get dinner" Harry spoke to his sister.
"We reserved the wrong night. What are you two up to?" She asked.
"I had to go to Tescos when Harry decided to join me" I replied, sounding irritated. "Well, I better go. I'm gonna get wet" It has started to rain a bit as we got back.
"That's what she said" Harry joked.

Gemmas jaw dropped at her brothers comment.
"See you soon Gemma" i spoke before I walked into my house and slammed the door.

What an ignorant little prick.

I had wondered what it would be like to meet somebody incredibly famous, like Harry. And let me tell you, I'm extremely dissatisfied. He told me he hated his career in a boy band and how it wasn't really him. The way he spoke was so appalling and I realised he was extremely narcissistic. And that remark he made in front of Gemma was the tip of the ice berg.

I turned on some music and started making my dinner. I then realised I hadn't texted Chelle back.

He's a prick. We met earlier.

I turned off my phone then carried on making my soup but of course Michelle called me and I told her everything.
"Gosh! What an awful person! And to think Camilla adores him so much" she said.
"I know right. Honestly he was so arrogant a-and selfish! I can't believe I thought he was cute!" I exclaimed.
"I mean you're not wrong. He is pretty handsome. But with an attitude like that...boy, bye" she agreed.

We chattered for a while before I went to eat. I watched The Office USA while sipping my soup. After an episode, I got into my pyjamas (a sweater and pyjama bottoms) and took off my make up before sitting at my desk to mark. I heard Gemma scolding Harry outside however, which was distracting.

"Harry! Stop being so childish and say sorry to Eroda!"
"It was just a joke! She didn't even care!"
"Look, I don't know what came over you a few years ago but quit it!" I then heard a door slam.

I smiled to myself before carrying on with my work before I heard a knock on the door. I put my pen down and went to answer...to see Harry.

"Heyyy Eroda" he dragged the 'y' in 'Hey'.
"Evening Harry" I sighed.
"Listen uhh...about what I said earlier...could you maybe get Gemma to forgive me about it?"
I raised an eye brow. "Excuse me?"
"Just tell her you didn't care, I dunno"
"For God sake..." I muttered.
"Is that a yes?"

"Could you be any more selfish? You said something vulgar to someone you've just met and made an awful first impression!"
"So...I guess it's a no...?" He asked.
"Of course it's a no! Just learn to accept your mistakes!" I closed the door and headed back upstairs to finish my work off.

It felt good to put Harry in his place because God was he an arrogant son of a bitch. His malicious ways just made me dislike him more. I know I'd only just met him but he really did make am impression.

I sat at my desk humming as my cat Tufty curled up on my lap while I worked. I then emailed Rosie the correct document before making myself a cup of tea. Things got pretty lonely around here. I was well organised despite my anxiety but it would be nice to have some company. Maybe a boyfriend would be nice but I've never actually had a serious relationship. Just failed talking stages and being led on twenty four seven.

I started remembering my teen years when a boy had led me on a hurt me to the point i isolated myself and cried everyday. He was so self absorbed and egotistical, for he only cared for himself and his happiness. He would flirt, fuck anyone, break the hearts of vulnerable girls, use people for alcohol and drugs...the list went on really.

But it soon became my goal to be better than him at something. He had an awful God complex and just hurt anybody he wanted to hurt. He never cared - and I grew tired of it. So I watched his downfall whilst I soared high.

The pain he felt made me feel pleasure. And it's sick but...I used to let people walk over me and hurt me. But after that moment I was what my students would call "hot girl shit". Of course, I'm not a self conceited cunt anymore but revenge truly was sweet. I didn't care what anyone thought of me and I spoke up. But Rosie, the head of department, was terrifying. I was really shy still but I surprised people with my comebacks.

I closed my laptop and picked up my cat Tufty, holding her in my arms. She was so dear and I loved her a lot. After I put her on my bed, I tidied my room and packed my bag before choosing an outfit for tomorrow. I lived and breathed Dark and Light Academia so of course I chose a black skirt, a white long sleeved shirt and a brown sweater vest. I also selected some thick tights and my oxfords before choosing some make up and jewellery.

As I sat in bed reading What Katy Did, I thought to myself. Why was Harry so self-obsessed? He was gorgeous and had a huge fanbase! Why on earth was he so unkind? Anyone with a large following would obviously want to keep a good image but...he seemed so careless. I sighed before going to brush my teeth and send Michelle a goodnight text.

Michelle: Oh by the way, there's pictures of you and Harry online :/ Paparazzi saw you two, fans are trying to find out who you are and stuff.

Just what I needed...