71: Family Fued

"You have a nice nap?"

It's been a month since Marina was born. She cried so much at night and it took ages to get her back to sleep. We'd wake up at ungodly hours and lose so much sleep...till we decided to take it in turns and catch up on sleep during the day.

"Yeah. What time is it baby?" I asked him.
"Two o'clock. Marinas sound asleep"
"Mhmm" I stretched and looking at his beautiful face. We truly felt like a team.
"I'll make you something to eat okay? Freshen up then we'll head to your parents house"
Mum invited me and my siblings over along with Pauls girlfriend and Stevies girlfriend - Dad had no clue. He was forced to speak to me now.

I got out of bed and got washed and dressed myself into a black slip dress, a white t shirt and black tights. I put on lots of concealer to hide my dark circles and some mascara before brushing my hair. I slipped on my black doc martens before heading downstairs. Marina was in her carry on and Harry was sitting next to it making weird faces.
"You child" I sighed.
"Shut up" He chuckled before looking up at me. "You look stunning baby"
"Thanks love. You ready to go?" I took my cardigan off the banister and slipped it on.
"Yeah" He got off the floor and kissed my lips gently. "I'll put Marina in the back, you get comfortable"

I got into the passenger seat while Harry strapped in Marina. I heard him talking to her sweetly which made me smile. He then got into the drivers seat but grabbed my hand as he started driving.
"You nervous?" He asked me.
"Very. Feel like I'm gonna throw hands"
"Maybe that'll help? I mean...you've never really said anything"
"Yeah...Harry what if he has a go at you?"
"I'll just say 'Okay' over and over again"
"He will literally kill you!"

We arrived to the house and went inside to see my Mum pouring everyone coffee. Stevie and her girlfriend were on one sofa, Paul and Hailey on another. We said hello and let everyone meet dear Marina.
"She's so cute! Aww!" Stevie and Margo (her girlfriend) cooed.
"Congratulations. You had a child before I did" Paul high fived me.
"It was grand. And I'm on maternity leave for nine months" I replied.
"Get that bread" Stevie grinned causing us to laugh.

Everything was lovely till my Dad came home. He walked into the living room to see us all hanging out and drinking coffee.
"Oh hi Dad!" Stevie waved.
"Hello love" He sounded annoyed. Harry and I exchanged awkward glances before Dad gestured Mum to leave the room with him. We could all hear them arguing in the next room despite all the chatter.
"Stevie, if things get loud take Marina upstairs" I said to my sister as I stood up.
"Love, what're you doing?" Harry asked me.
"Putting an end to this bullshit" I left the room to see Mum and Dad still having their row.

"Are you going to still act like I don't exist!?" I exclaimed as I entered the kitchen.
My parents stopped and stared at me.
"Eroda, get out" My Dad hissed.
"Get out? You didn't speak to me for eight months and your first words are 'get out'!?"
"You ruined your fucking life! And for what? A child!?"
"Ruined my-? You ruined my life! I'm glad I had Marina!"
"I didn't ruin your life! You ruined it yourself! You had a career Eroda! And you threw it away for...a baby!?"
"Uh...is everything alright?" Harry had crept over, looking anxious.
"You fucking scum bag" My Dad stepped closer to us when he saw Harry, causing me to step in front of him.
"If you lay a fucking hand on my boyfriend, you'll regret it" I threatened him. I heard Stevie run upstairs - she knew what was going to happen.
"You're sticking up for him? After he knocked you up!? A-and tarnished your job!?"
"He didn't do anything! Stop blaming everyone else!" Tears were brimming in my eyes.

"I was a child. It was always homework, tuition, this award, that grade...it was never 'Hey Eroda! Go play outside' or 'Eroda, well done! I'm proud of you!'. Do you know how I felt having to live up to your standards? Restricting me from my own LIFE? Telling me I wasn't trying hard enough a-and...making comments on my APPEARANCE!? It was always your fucking expectations! Not what I wanted. So stop blaming me o-or Harry - who...who I love with my entire heart" I looked at my boyfriend who was breaking down as well before looking at my Dad.  "You don't wanna talk to me? Fine. But I know I'm fucking amazing. And if you can't see that, fine. I don't need to please you"

Tears were rolling down my cheeks. Dad was silent. Harry clutched my hand . He knew I didn't want him to ever stick up for me - I could fight my own battles.
"When you fuck everything up, don't come crying to me" Dad replied before he walked past Harry and I and went into the garden. Mum went after him so she could check he was alright. I let out a quiet sob before Harry held me close. He was emotional himself but he calmed himself so he could focus on me.
"You wanna go home?" He asked me.
"More than anything" I whispered as he wiped away my salty tears.

We bid farewell to my siblings and their partners before we (including Marina) went to the car. It was silent but Harrys hand was intertwined with mine, the angel. When we got in, I fed Marina while Harry prepared us some snacks. After I put her down for her nap, Harry came upstairs with a bowl of fruit.
"How you feeling?" He asked me, pulling me onto his lap.
"Better than before...uh...in the mood"
"Oh really?" He raised an eye brow then grinned. "Anyway...I'm proud of you for saying all that. Must have been hard"
"Yeah...it was. But I'm glad I did. How're you?"
"I'm good. I'm in the mood too actually"

"You're the only person I trust to do this" I said, fingering my top. My boob insecurity was real but...I could show Harry. I knew I could.
"You sure?" He asked me.
"Positive" I replied. Harry grabbed the hem of my top before pulling it over my head to reveal a black lace bra.

"Beautiful"