15: First Day Back

Short chapter because suspense

Harry had been MIA on social media due to how busy he was. I missed him so much but I'd spent all of Sunday baking to get my mind off him. Maybe the distance would do me good.

On Monday, I was back at work and I was extremely anxious. I got ready into black trousers, a while shirt and a black cardigan. I slipped on my Oxfords before applying my make up and brushing my hair. After eating I whipped out my phone to text Harry.

About to head to work. Miss you, hope all is well :)

I finally arrived to school and sat down in my classroom. It felt odd to be back. Michelle bustled in and hugged me cheerfully before gabbling on about what my students had learnt and where I had to go from there. She asked about Harry and I so of course I filled her in.
"You need to talk to him! You two would be so cute!" She gushed.
"He's awfully busy. He's not even in the country right now. And...I don't think he's interested"
"C'mon! You two were literally holding hands"
"It was for safety reasons. I just gotta let him go"
"Well I won't stop till you talk to him"

For God sake.

Soon enough I had my first lesson but the head teacher, Mrs Trilling, came in and pulled me out of class
"How are you?" she asked me.
"I'm alright. Worried about...what people might say" I admitted.
"Ah, don't worry. After the rumours that surfaced I just gave out the truth. Elisas mother asked for it too. Poor woman"

Poor woman lost her child.

"It's not your fault at all. If anyone says anything to you, let me know. You're a star at what you do, okay? Take care now"
I went back inside to see everyone whispering. They saw me and stopped short. I carried on with the lesson and thankfully everyone behaved. But my next lesson took a bit of a turn.

"Miss, did you know Elisa had a crush on you?"
"Miss, is it true you're dating Harry Styles?"
"So have you kissed Harry Styles?" The questions piled on up till I broke.
"Enough!" I roared. My whole class fell silent.
"Instead of asking me countless questions about things unrelated to the work, you should be getting on with your work! Another word and it's a detention!"
I'd never given a detention before. What was happening to me?

"She's just pissed Elisa topped herself because of her" Andrew muttered.
"Andrew! Detention!" I scolded him.
"Miss I weren't even talking!"
"A likely story! Anyone else want to join him?"
"Miss you're being unfair" Emma called.
"So it seems you're joining Andrew in detention!"
"What!?"
"Aw Miss, why you being peak for? Fuck sake" Luke whined.
"That's a double detention for you, Luke! Lovely use of language!" I responded sarcastically.

"One more word and I'm setting extra homework! Understood!?" I exclaimed. My whole class fell silent and scribbled away. Lucky for me, the head teacher came knocking on my door and asked to speak to the class while I left the room. Michelle was outside the room. She pulled me into her empty classroom where I started crying my eyes out. She comforted me to the best of her ability but God I felt awful.
"Michelle" i sniffled. "W-what if I-i'm not meant to be here anymore?l
"What d'you mean love?" She asked.

"I-i think I should quit"