72; Coping

"Hey angel" Harry came into the kitchen to see me eating crackers on the counter.
"Hi baby. You alright?" I asked him.
"Yeah, just wanted to let you know I'm going back to the studio soon. New album this year and all" he said.
"Are you excited?"
"Very" Harry was trying his hardest not to smile a lot as he got a glass out from the top cabinet.
"Well...c'mon talk to me! I wanna hear about whats going on!"
"I just...i really like the studio. Y'know jamming out with my mates 'nd getting creative...but I'm gonna miss you and Marina so much"
"We'll be at home waiting for you everyday, I promise" Harry drank his water as I got another cracker out and started eating it.
"Oh by the way, I invited Gemma over. She's back from Majorca and she misses having you around" he told me.
"The superior Styles is coming to visit, huh?"
"It would seem so" he grinned.

"Oh Gem, it's so good to see you" I hugged her as she entered the living room. Marina was in her swing set, looking around while Harry made faces at her.
"I've missed you two! Is this the little angel?" She cooed when she saw Marina. Harry took her out of her swing and handed her to Gemma.
"What a beauty...oh you guys she's so dear" she smiled.
"Haha, I had a child before you" Harry teased her.
"Oh screw you Harry!" She replied as she handed Marina back to me. "Did he look after you?" She asked me.
"Why's everyone asking that!?"
"He's been lovely - through everything" I said.
"Gotta check in on my girl friend" Gemma insisted.

"So, how was your holiday?" I asked her.
"Amazing" She replied as Harry gave us each a cup of tea. "Gorgeous really. It was so nice to get away"
"You deserved it. These past few months have been insane!" I told her.
"They really have! You two ought to take a holiday soon...I mean with all the tour drama, then the James incident, then the pregnancy"
"Gem, you kicked his bum" Harry said blankly. I burst out laughing at his sentence while Gem blushed slightly.
"It was a good idea!" She reasoned.
"It was...oh" Harry realised that Marina needed her nappy changed.
"Haha you're turn" I teased him.
"Y'know you're so lucky I'm madly in love with you!" He said as he took her out of her swing and headed upstairs.
"Love you too" I called.

"I'm proud of him" Gem smiled.
"Me too. He's been putting up with me a lot...my mood swings, crying, weird cravings...he's been so amazing"
"I know Harry - he's wonderful. But I always like to check incase. He works well under pressure but I worry"
"I don't doubt - he works really hard. In every aspect of his life. I-im proud of him"
"Me too" we both smiled before Harry came downstairs whistling, holding Marina who was giggling at him.
"He's such a good Dad" I gushed to Gemma. "She adores him so much" I looked over to see Harry talking to Marina as he put her back into her swing

"So...how're we doing?" Harry sat beside me and grabbed my hand.
"We're good. But I gotta head home - you're both coming to Mums on Sunday, right?"
"Oh of course! See you soon love" We each gave Gemma a hug before she bid farewell to Marina and headed out.
"I heard you two talking about me" Harry said as I closed the door. He pressed his arm against the wall above me, a smug look on his face.
"Maybe we were. Maybe I'm just madly in love with you" I smiled up at him before he connected our lips together.

We were then interrupted by Marina crying. We pulled away and giggled before going to check on her.
"Poor baby. She's hungry" I lifted her out of her swing and sat on the sofa.
"Harry, can you unbutton my top?" I asked him.
"Sure" Harry quickly unbuttoned my top, revealing my chest so I could feed Marina.

"Hey love...can we talk about something?"
"Sure, what's up?" I replied, watching Marina enjoy her lunch.
"My Mums...been asking me if I was going to propose to you. And yes I know we've been together for over a year and I know I want to settle down. But...not yet. I know we have Marina a-and we're happy together..."
"Harry! Angel, it's okay. We should take our time thinking about that sort of stuff. Our priority is Marina, okay? We can think about marriage a-and our future later"
"You sure?"
"One hundred percent my love" I then noticed Marina had fallen asleep. "Y'know she adores you" I said to him.

"She's a baby" Harry replied.
"Okay but...you make her laugh. You make her smile. You're doing an amazing job"
"Me? You carried her for nine months - this was a team effort" We shared a silent high five before I went upstairs and put Marina in her cot. I buttoned up my shirt and went back downstairs to see Harry on his phone giggling about something.

"Look at this baby" He showed me is phone to reveal an article about the two of us.
"Hey! You told me you stayed away from the media!" I replied.
"Jeff sent me this! It's funny - they'r saying we have a second child on the way" Harry cackled.
"We just had one! Oh for God sake" I laughed.
"The medias so fucking stupid...and damaging. But sometimes it's a laugh" he smiled.

Harry is so fucking clever.

"Turn the hate into a laugh" I whispered.  
"You said something?"
"Oh nothing"
"Nooo, tell me! C'mon baby, I wanna hear!"
"You turned the hateful articles into a laugh, maybe I should too..."
"It's a good way to cope. And your sense of humour...not as good as mine but it works"
"Oh shut it Styles" I swatted his head gently, his curls bouncing as I did.