32: Alone Time

"Baby, Pauls music is so good" Harry smiled as i entered his living room.
"It is, isn't it? I wish he had more confidence in himself" i sighed, handing him a paper bag which had a pastry inside it.
"I agree- thank you my darling. Are you alright? You left randomly, I didn't know you'd gone"
"Yeah sometimes I just need time alone" i replied awkwardly. "Hey uh I'm gonna go home for a few days. A lot's happening right now and I just...need to be alone"
"Everything okay? What d'you mean 'a lot'?"

Right at that moment I burst out crying.
"Hey, hey it's okay! You don't need to tell me baby, it's okay" my boyfriend held me in his arms as sobs escaped my mouth.
"My anxiety has been so bad. A-and i was too scared to get my pills refilled then my sister who i finally told was saying i was too dependent on them and..." i cried harder.
"Baby, there's nothing wrong with taking medication. Stevie isn't experiencing your suffering or anxiety. She doesn't have the right to speak about how you cope" he kissed my templed softly. "D'you want me to come with you to get a refill?"

"I-i feel bad" i mumbled.
"There's nothing wrong with asking for help darling. Or even accepting it. C'mon, we can go now then I'll take you home and you can have time to yourself. Okay?"
"M'kay" i focused on my breathing and wiped my tears. "I forgot that I'm a bad bleep
"You mean a bad bitch?" He grinned.
"Yes, yes i do" i leaned up and kissed his lips softly. "I love you, I'm sorry"
"You have nothing to be sorry for - don't be so hard on yourself" he held my cheeks with his hands, pressing our foreheads together. "I love you too"

Harry took me to the pharmacy to get a refill before driving me home. I invited him inside so we could talk.
"So...sometimes I go into hibernation mode. And I just kind of switch off. When I was teaching I couldn't work from home but I'd call in sick for three days or something and just stay home. I don't talk to anyone, leave my house or anything. And well, I can work from home with my current job so...I'm going to be...MIA for a while"
"Whatever you need to do baby. But I'm here if you ever need me, okay?"

"Thank you Harry" i planted a gentle kiss on his pink lips before hugging him. "I'm sorry"
"There's nothing wrong with needing alone time or space. We all do - it's part of being a human. But know that I'm always available if you need me, okay?"
"I'm here for you too. If you need anything just come over...I wont be on my phone"
"H-how will I know you're okay?" Poor angel looked so worried.
"Trust me, I'll be fine" I squeezed his hand gently.

"Okay well...I'll see you soon my love" I walked Harry to the door before we shared a kiss and a warm hug.
"I love you so much Harry" i mumbled.
"I love you too" he kissed the top of my head before holding my cheeks with his hands. "Y'know, you're the strongest women I've ever met. You're so...sexy. The way you do things is so inspiring. You're independent, clever, hard working, gorgeous..."
"Harry, are you making excuses to stay longer?" I giggled.
"Okay maybe I am but I'm being honest!"
"That's really sweet of you. Now, go"
"Alright calm down" he joked defensively. He let go of me and opened the front door. "I love you"
"I love you too Harry"

The simp finally left before I went upstairs to start my shower.

HARRYS POV
I heard Eroda close the door before turning around and walking up Gemmas path and knocking on the door. My older sister opened the door, confused.
"Harry? Weren't you just at Erodas?"
"Yeah uh...I think I messed up. And...I need to talk about it" i explained.
"Oh...come in" she opened the door wider and made way for me to come inside.

"Erodas mental health isn't in a good place and she's going to be MIA for a while but...I feel like it's my fault"
"How on earth could it be your fault?"
"I'm always with her. It must drive her nuts"
"Harry, you silly boy" Gem sighed.
"What did i do!?"
"Okay, Erodas mental health isn't great right now so shes taking time for herself. In response, what have you done?"
"I told her if she needs space it's okay and if she needs me she can let me know"
"Harry, you did the right thing. Yes, you two are always together and sometimes you need time alone. Erodas an independent person so of course she would need alone time. Sometimes you do too...you're always going on runs, right?"

"Ah shit. Why am I like this?" I sighed.
"You're just...Harry. D'you want some tea?"
"Uh no I'm fine. I should get home. I miss her already Gem"
"Welcome to being in love Harry. Now scram! Michels on his way home and I want to make him something nice"
"Alright calm down!" I joked defensively.