38: Virginity is a social construct

Soon enough, tour had arrived.

I was glad that Harry asked me to come along because it was so lovely. The crew were so kind and seeing Harry rock around on stage with his friends was literally heaven. He took me sightseeing every single day, showed me his favourite places...whenever we stumbled into fans I would get really scared but Harry would take charge and just talk to them while keeping me safe. It's safe to say I was scared of Harrys fans sometimes - but my therapist was great help.

"Harry! That was amazing!" I gushed as my sweaty boyfriend ran off stage to greet me.
"Thank you my love" he hugged me tightly knowing I hated it.
"Hey! You're all sweaty, ew!"
"Guess we need to shower" he wiggled his eye brows, a grin on his face.
My jaw fell open. "You sneak!"
"Harry, did you get your boy germs on Eroda again?" Sarah sighed as she wiped her forehead with a towel.
"Oh, you mean Pinkie Pie over here?" I asked, nodding my head in Harrys direction - his pink suit was my favourite suit of his.
"Hey!"

Of course, Harry and I took a shower. We were staying at a hotel - thank God a comfortable bed finally.
"I'm gonna go get a snack" I said to him as he left the shower.
"You want me to come with?" He asked.
"Sure" i slipped on some shoes and one of his hoodies before Harry put on some clothes. We laces our hands together as we walked down the silent hallway.

"How are you?" He asked me as I selected the chocolate I wanted.
"I'm really good. How're you?" I replied.
"I'm so happy. Tour is so much fun" he smiled tiredly.
"It really is...you looked so happy up there. You want anything?" I gestured to the machine.
"Nah, I'll just steal yours" he grinned. I scolded playfully as we headed back up to our room.

"So...how's therapy?" He asked me.
"It's going well. I'm glad you suggested it"
"Therapy is nothing to be ashamed of"
"I know I just...don't like talking about myself all the time, y'know?"
"That's okay darling. But if you ever need to, do it. M'kay?"
"I will" i finished my snack before going to brush my teeth.

"Harry...you know you can always talk to me. Like, I know you're doing okay well and stuff but if you're ever not doing so good I'm here for you" i said to him as i turned the lamp off.
"What if we're fighting?" He teased me.
"Then you can still talk to me. Just text me. maybe a signal or something?"
"Wait baby, that's such a good idea. We should make a coding system if any of us need anything"
"Let's do it" It was so late and we really should have been sleeping but we were too excited. And in the end, this is what we came up with.

Code pink - Mental health day
Code red - Help me
Code yellow - I need space
Code green - We need to talk
Code orange - I'm not okay
Code blue - Come to my house

"This...is really healthy" i smiled at Harry.
"It is, I'm glad we thought of it"
"Code green" i said. Harrys eye brows knitted together. "I love you" I smiled.
"You scared me!" He scoffed. "I love you too baby. C'mon, let's get some rest. Got a day off tomorrow but we need to sleep"
"M'kay" i laid down and buried myself under the covers but Harrys arms went round my waist, pulling me closer to him.
"Goodnight baby" he mumbled, kissing my forehead.
"Goodnight"

HARRYS POV
"You okay love?" It was the next day and Jeff and I were talking outside my hotel room. My girlfriend was in the room but she's sidled up to me while we were talking and I sensed her presence so I turned around.
"Um, when you're finish can we talk?" She asked nervously.
"We're done, don't worry" Jeff patted my shoulder. "See you later Haz"
"You too" I turned to Eroda, her dark brown eyes gazing up at me. "C'mon love"

ERODAS POV
"Everything okay?" We sat down on the bed, me picking my nails.
"Uh...I just...is it bad I'm still a virgin?" I stammered.
"Of course not. Virginity's a social construct"
"I was...talking to Michelle and she was asking me if you and I had...done it. She's my best friend so of course she asked. And I was like well no, we've only been dating for four months or so. And...well I'm almost twenty five. I just...this is so dumb"

"It's not dumb. It's good to talk about these things. There's no problem with being a virgin"
"I just...ugh" i flopped back onto the bed and sighed. "Can you help me make sense of all this?" I asked.
"Yeah of course" Harry laid beside me.
"What if i laugh?"
Harry burst into giggles. "Makes the moment better"
"Harry, be serious!"

"I am! Sometimes the first time is giggly and stuff. Which is good - awkwardness can help. You sound scared though"
"Well...yeah. It's just...every guy I've kind of been with only wanted me for sex. And I never gave in or did anything as...I just didn't! I don't know"
"Societys just made it a big deal that's all - and also the porn industry has portrayed sex in all the wrong ways"
"I've never watched porn"
"Good. It's...erotic. But strange"
It was silent for a while.
"Will you be my first time when I'm ready?" I blurted out.
"Sure" he replied casually.
"Huh?"

"Sure" He got off the bed and went into the bathroom, humming like nothing had happened.