30: Family

"Good morning Angel" Harry said softly as my eyes opened.
"Hi baby" i smiled up a him as he ran his long fingers through my dark hair.
"We're going to your parents house, right?"
"Course we are" i let go of him before rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"D'you...remember the day we met?"
"Of course I do. You were a prick"
Harry chuckled. "I was, wasn't I?"
"You sucked" i sat up and cupped his cheeks with my palms. "But then I realised you were really sweet" i planted a soft kiss on his lips, causing Harry to blush.
"C'mon, let's go get dressed so we can make it in time for lunch!" I said with excitement.

Harrys house was gorgeous. It was really...Harry. But anyway, we went to brush our teeth before heading to the kitchen to eat.
"You got any siblings?" He asked me.
"Yeah, a sister who's twenty and a brother who's twenty eight" i replied.
"Should I be scared of the brother?"
"No, not at all. He's...odd. We never got on as kids and even nowadays we argue"
"Sibling rivalry. When I was eight I told my Mum that Gemma was a drug dealer"
"Oh Harry!" I laughed before kissing his lips again.
"Obsessed with my lips?" He teased me.

I think I was. They felt like soft flower petals.

"Maybe" i smiled softly, him returning the favour.
Is this...love?

No. Shut up.

We haven't been dating that long.
But everytime i looked at him I felt something in my heart. I felt something euphoric. Something i'd never felt before.
"Harry...can I ask you a question?" I watched him cut up some fruit , before putting a piece in my mouth.
"Ask away" he replied as he continued.
"Can you...fall in love in a few weeks or...maybe a month? Or even depending on how long you've liked that person"
"You totally can, m' darling. The skys the limit - anything is possible" he explained.
"But what if you love someone and they're not sure they love you back?"
"It's different for everyone. So maybe they haven't said it back but...they will later. When they're ready. But don't stop feeling"

"I love you" i blurted out. Harry looked at me, stars in his eyes.
"Is that so?" He giggled cheekily before kissing my forehead. Ah. He wasn't sure yet. "Don't stop feeling" he added before he went to put the knife he was using in the sink.
"I've never been in a relationship or been in love so...I'm glad i feel comfortable asking you things. Sometimes i feel really stupid"
"Not knowing things doesn't make you stupid. It just means you can learn more things"
"For God sake, I...i love you. Im going to say it twenty four seven and i dont care if you dont say it back" i declared.
"Fine by me" he giggled before popping apple slice in my mouth.

After eating some breakfast and play fighting we went to get ready for the day. I changed into a purple graphic jumper, blue straight leg jeans, a black buckle belt and my black doc martens. I applied some eye liner and mascara before brushing down my hair and clipping it back in a ponytail. Harry had finished before me and sat there on his phone before getting up and snaking his arms round my waist.
"You're looking handsome" i said to him as i put some earrings on. He didn't reply as he was too busy planting soft kisses on my neck. I let him carry on as i slipped a necklace over my head and turned it.

He lifted his up, his curly hair falling over his face.
"You're hairs going everywhere love" i took a comb off my table and combed his brown locks out of the way. I kept my hand rested under his chin, my thumb pressed against it as i focused. Harry was obviously taller than me so i had to tilt his head down my way so i could reach.
"There y' go" i put the comb down and studies his hair.
"That piece of hair was annoying me" He chuckled.

We set off soon enough and it was blatant that Harry was nervous. I knew they'd like him. And well...I knew they'd freak out as he was famous. I was never really into One Direction - my sister was however (as you know, I took her to a show). So she would have a LOT to say. We finally arrived to my parents house and I unlocked the door (we all had keys)
"Erodas here!" My sister exclaimed.
"You're popular" Harry joked.
"It would seem so" i smiled at him. "You got this. I promise"

After locking the door i entered the living room to see everyone.
"Hey fam. Uh...I'd like you all to meet Harry. My boyfriend" Harry stepped into the room with me and all their jaws dropped. 
"What the ever living FUCK!?" My sister gasped.
"You're dating Harry Styles!?" My brother exclaimed.
"He's just Harry" i slipped my hand into Harrys hand, his palms sweating.
"Hi" he said politely.

"Well c'mon Harry! Have a seat!" My Dad gestured us to sit down. My sister, Stevie, quickly moved out of the way, clearly starstruck. I led Harry to the sofa and we sat down.
"H-how? How did...what!?" She breathed.
"Gemmas my neighbour" I replied.
"Wait, did Macey move out!?"
"Yeah. Her and her partner moved to Bristol"
"Aw man, i liked her" she sighed.
"Maybe a little too much" my brother Paul grinned.
"Shut up Paul" her cheeks grew red.

"Oh I recognise you! You're that handsome young man from that one band...what's it called...Five Seconds Of Summer?" My Mum thought.
Harry, Stevie and I laughed.
"One Direction actually" he replied.
"When did you two start dating?"
"Well...I had a crush on him in November and then early this month we made it official" i answered.
"Hold on, is that why you were in LA!?" Paul asked suddenly.
"You went to LA!? What about teaching?" My Dad, Max asked.

Harry then realised I hadn't told them.
"I quit" i admitted.
"What!? Why? You loved it!" He responded.
"A student died and everyone blamed her" Stevie blurted out.
"How did you know!?" I asked her.
"Because I know the student. And I didn't tell you i knew because i knew you'd be upset. But even the Mum was saying it weren't your fault"
"Oh God..." Harry muttered, clutching my hand.
"Harrys sister hooked me up with a journalist position though so...things are good" i said.
"See Paul? You ought to get a job like that!" My Dad looked at my brother who rolled his eyes.
"Oh no, i-it gets boring. Plus Pauls job is so cool" i gabed.
"Oh, what do you do?" Harry asked my brother kindly.
"I just make a bit of music" he mumbled in reply.

"Oh me too. You should show me your work"
"Really?" Pauls eyes lit up.
"Yeah, of course. D'you have anything on you now?" Harry was being so kind I almost cried.
"Oh uh not really but I can email it to Eroda"
"Awesome" Harry grinned.

MY DAD SAID MUSIC WASNT A PROPER JOB IN FRONT OF MY MUSICIAN BOYFRIEND.

"So Harry, you're a musician right?" My Mum, Georgia asked.
"Uh yeah I am" he replied.
"Mum, you bought me tickets for One Direction!" Stevie exclaimed.
"I forget things! I'm getting old!" She turned to Harry and I. "You're solo now, right?"
"Yeah, I have been for almost three years now"
"That's brave, y'know? Coming out of a boy band and going solo"

The conversation flowed perfectly between all of us. My parents really liked Harry. We told my family about LA, how we started dating, how we met, Harrys prick behaviour, my new job.
"So...what's new?" I looked over at my sister.
"Uh...i-i need to show you something first" she left the room, gesturing me to follow.
"Uh okay" i let go of Harrys hand before ruffling his hair and following.

"Whats up?" I asked Stevie.
"Im gay" she blurted out.
"Yeah, i know"
"What!?"
"Pauls remark AND the fact you were obsessed with Monster High when we were younger?"
"Whats going on?" Paul had come to join us.
"I need to come out to Mum and Dad" Stevie told him. "Eroda already knew"
"I told you she knew!" Paul replied.
"You called it too, right?" I asked. He nodded.
"How am I supposed to tell them!? They're so excited about your boyfriend" Stevie sighed.
"Who cares if Harrys here? Tell them!" I encouraged her.

"Just practice on one of us first" I suggested.
"Is everything okay?" Harry had left the room and come to check on us. We all exchanged awkward glances.
"Practice on Harry if you want" i suggested to Stevie.
"What?" Harry was puzzled.

"Im gay" Stevie spoke.
"See? That wasn't so hard" i said.
"Nicely done" Paul high fived her.
"Whats going on?" Harry asked.

"We're helping Stevie come out"