61: Names

Harry and I had been on the phone to our friends and family all morning. I was saving my parents for last because I was so worried about what they'd say. But eventually I gave in and dialled my mother.

"Hi Mum uh...I have some news for you and Dad" I spoke. The phone was on speaker and Harry had an arm round me.
"Oh sure love! Do tell" she replied.
"I...uh...I'm...p...I'm pregnant" I spoke.

Silence.

"Well that's just wonderful! Max, did you hear that!? Erodas pregnant!" She said happily.
"See? Told you" Harry grinned at me.
"You what!?" My Dad called.
"Don't speak like that love. Eroda's having a baby!" She replied to him.
"Are you 'aving a laugh!?" Yeah...he wasn't taking this well. "Give me the phone"

"Eroda? Eroda, are you there?" My Dad had the phone.
"Uhh...surprise" I spoke awkwardly.
"Eroda you had so much going for y'! And now you're 'aving a fuckin' baby!?"
"I-it's not that bad, I-i mean I'm pretty excited!" I reasoned.
"It's that Styles boys isn't it? When I get my fuckin' 'ands on him" Harry and I's mouths were wide open.
"Dad, you and Mum were twenty eight when I was born" I replied.
"Eroda this isn't up for comparison! Y' not keeping it!"
"And you have the audacity to speak to me like that because? You haven't the right to tell me what to do with my child!"
"I'm y' father of course I do!"
"This is such a joke...uh...bye"

I ended the call and burst out laughing.
"Did you hear him!? He wants to kill you!" I said to Harry who was shocked but was giggling.
"Well that didn't go well" Harry sighed.
"It's okay. I don't care what he says" I leaned up and kissed Harrys soft lips. He pulled me closer to him and rested his hands on my cheeks.

"So...what now?" He sighed, his chin rested on the top of my head.
"We carry on with our lives" I replied.
"Oh by the way, how was teaching?" He asked me. I'd gone back a few days ago.
"It went well...just...isn't the same anymore I guess. And I'm leaving in May. Then I won't be back till February"
"So...d'you wanna...stop?"
"Well...maybe...I want to be at home with my baby. Cherish every moment as a mother@

"That's sweet" I knew he was smiling. "And y'know I support any decision you make right?"
"I know. And I love you"
"I love you too darling. You hungry?"
"Always, I'm feeding two. I'm gonna order McDonalds, you want some?"
"Sure. You want me to get you some more bananas?"
"Uhh..." Harry had stayed round my house everyday since James left. I was so afraid.
"I can get Gemma to keep you company?"

•••

"So...how're you?" i asked her.
"I'm okay. Glad James is gone and that I finally spoke my truth" she replied.
"I'm proud of you Gem. You were amazing"
"Thanks Eroda" she looked at my belly. "I'm going to be an aunt...wow"
"Exciting, right?"
"You and Harry are going to be amazing parents. Eroda, he loves you so much"
"I love him too. Honestly, I'm so excited. And even if we do break up, we'll be able to work through everything"
"You two didn't last two weeks without each other, trust me there will be no break up. Do you think you'll both get married"
"Maybe. Who knows? I wanna get married one day but...it's too soon. We've only been dating eight months and we already have a baby on the way. I guess we'll see"

"I'm baaaack" Harry called. Gemma and I smiled. He'd also taken in the delivery.
"Right well, I got work to do. We're seeing my Mum tomorrow right?" Gem asked me.
"Yup. See you" I gave her a tight hug. "I love you Gem"
"Aw, I love you too Eroda. See you tomorrow" she got smiled and got up before heading out of my room. I heard her say bye to Harry before the front door shut. Harry came into my room holding two McDonalds bags and a bunch of bananas.

Harry just got himself a normal meal but I'd gotten myself a lot - plus I had bananas.
"Gem alright?" He asked me.
"Yeah...we shared an I love you"
"Aww" he smiled fondly. "I love you both"
"We love you too when you're not a dumb dumb" I teased him.
"Hey!" He flopped beside me and dug into his chips. He took some of his and shovelled them in my mouth too. "You're eating for two"

"So...have you thought of baby names?" I asked him.
"Well I like the name Darcy for a girl. But we should talk about it" he replied.
"We should definitely choose our names as middle names. Like something Harry Styles or something Eroda Styles" I suggested.
Harry froze up a bit when I said "Eroda Styles". I guess he'd been thinking about marriage too.
"Are you alright?" I asked him.
"Me? Oh uh yeah fine" he insisted.

"Y'know we don't need to get married" I said. Harry turned his head and looked at me. "Our priority is the baby and we're happy dating. We don't need to think about marriage or anything"
"You're right...thanks baby" he kissed the side of my head gently before we carried on discussing.

"I like the name Dylan - it's unisex too. I like Lana, Marina and Sophia for a girl. And for a boy I was thinking Marcel or Luke or Noah"
"I like them" Harry smiled softly. "They're all beautiful. We should combine our choices y'know"
"Four names? I wonder how Marina Darcey Eroda Styles will think" I laughed.
"One for every band member" he joked.
"Shut up, you know there's five!" We both cackled.

"What about in the future hmm?"
"...You think we'll have more in the future?"
"Possibly" I booped his nose before I took my cheese bites out of the bag.