70: The Light of their Lives

"Harry...I'm really scared"

The baby was due this week and I was freaking out.
"Love, everything will be fine. I promise" Harry assured me. I'd been crying all morning because I was well and truly terrified.
"Harry what if I die?" I sniffled.
"Hey, no. You'll be alright. We're going to live a happy long life together with our child. I promise" he responded.
"For Fuck sake can these contractions stop!" I suddenly cried out.
"Love if you're having contractions then we should go to the hospital - are they more frequent?" I didn't get to answer as Michelle walked in with a bag on her shoulder.

"Hello my children. Ready to have a baby?"
"That's not funny!" I started crying more and Michelle started laughing.
"Oh Eroda, I'm so proud of you. I hear you're having more contractions? Better be careful as your water could break on Harry"
"Michelle, you said you're here to help! Stop making jokes!" Harry scolded her as he let go of me and went to get a towel incase.
"Look, Kourtney Kardashian was such a bad bitch when she gave birth. Think of her as your inspiration" Michelle said to me.
"I love Kourtney" I said dreamily.
"Yeah and Harry loved Kendall"

Me and Michelle burst out laughing while Harry sighed. We were too busy laughing that I didn't even notice liquid dripping down my legs.
"Oh God it's time" I sighed.
"Right, I'll drive. Harry, you keep her company in the back" Michelle said. She went so start the car while Harry carried me.
"Harry, do not let go of my hand" I begged him as the contractions got worse.
"I'm not going anywhere my love" he replied as we got into the car and started driving.
"You promise you won't leave my side?" I was in so much pain and was trying my hardest not to cry my eyes out. It was so fucking painful - worse than anything I'd ever felt before:
"I promise you I won't leave your side baby. Okay? You're going to be okay" Harry squeezed my hand.

"Eroda love you're almost there. You're going to be okay!" Michelle encouraged me. Harrys poor hand was bruised and bright red but he didn't care.
"Baby, keep breathing. Remember how we practiced" Harry and I locked eyes and I followed his breathing.
"Oh my God, she's beautiful"

I just had a baby.

"Is it over?" I whispered.
"It's over angel. You did it" Harry whispered, tears in his eyes. I heard crying and it properly hit me - I was a Mum now.
"Hey love, Davids calling me. I'm going to take his call then ring Harrys mother" Michelle kissed my forehead before giving me a hug. "I'm so proud of you sis. You too Harry" she left the room to give us some privacy.

"D'you wanna hold her?" The nurse asked me, holding a small bundle.
"Yes please" I replied weakly.
"Here love, let me help you sit up" Harry gave me a hand before the nurse let me hold my daughter. She was gorgeous. Her dark eyes stared up at me bleakly. I was lost for words.
"Harry, here" I moved over a little so he could sit next to me.
"A-are you sure?" He asked me timidly.
"Come see your baby"

Harry sat next to me and I handed him the tiny girl, tears brimming in his eyes which rolled down his cheeks gently.
"Wow" he sniffled. "You did it"
"We did it Harry" I replied. My palm was under his chin, my thumb and first two fingers on his either of his cheeks. Harry locked eyes with me and we smiled.
"You did so well love. All nine months...you were so strong. I don't know how you did it"
"I really was. You too, I can't believe your ear drums haven't burst" I replied
"I love you my angel" he laughed.
"I love you too you precious boy" I replied.

"So...what're you naming her?" The nurse asked. She noticed Harry and gasped. Harry and I giggled at her reaction.
"Y' gonna tell the world that Nialls the only One Direction member without a child?" He joked. I burst out laughing and Harry did too.
"He's joking, don't worry" I said to the nurse, who looked scared.
"Right, sorry" she replied. "Uhh...name? So I can write it down"
"Harry?" I turned to him.
"What you looking at me for? Tell her!"

"Marina Darcy...Styles"

"Beautiful" The nurse responded, scribbling away and mumbling as she wrote and wrote. "Okay if you would both sign ASAP. Your mothers here to see you" she added to Harry.
"Awesome"

"Hello you two!" Anne and Michelle walked in.
"Hi" we replied.
"I gotta head home soon. How is she? And you two?" Michelle asked me.
"I'm okay - just tired. She's...existing. Harry looks hungry" I said as I handed Marina to Michelle.
"I'm fine!" Harry insisted.
"Oh she's beautiful" Anne cooed as she looked over Chelle's shoulder. "Did Harry behave?"
"Mum!" Harry blushed.
"He's been amazing...through everything" I said.
"I agree. Maybe we're friends now Harry" Michelle added as she handed Marina to Anne.
"Nice" Harry and I high fived before Michelle bid us farewell.

"Are you okay? Tired?" Anne asked me.
"Yeah uh I just kind of wanna sleep for a while. Stay of course though" I responded.
"Harry, c'mon. Let's get you some food"
"Mum, I can't leave her" Harry replied.
"Love, it's okay. C'mon, go get something to eat. Marina needs to go for some checkups anyway" I told him. A nurse took Marina for her check ups whilst Anne left the room.
"You gonna be okay?" Harry asked me.
"I'll be fine. I love you" I kissed his soft lips gently, his hands slowly pressing against my cheeks.
"I love you too"  he replied after he pulled away. "I'll be back in a bit baby"

"I know you will"