23: New Year

JANUARY
It was now a New Year. I'd spent it with Michelle, watching a movie. She didn't believe in New Years Kisses but she did kiss my cheek on the new year, making us laugh.

Harry and I hadn't spoken since the show. Gem wished me a Merry Christmas and gave me a gift and I gave her one too. I'd spent it with my family of course - I hadn't told them about all the awful things that had happened. They had no clue about Harry and my sister didn't listen to One Direction anymore so thank God. It was just normal.

I couldn't believe Harry kissed me. I was pretty annoyed as he told me he didn't like me back yet he...did that? It's whatever now as I hadn't seen him since. I remember us pulling away then walking back to the shop, saying nothing. I knew I would see Harry again soon as Gemma lived next door but I was safe (?). For now.

As for teaching jobs...all the applications were for September. So I took up Gemmas journalism idea and through connections she found me a place - maybe I could do that till I could start teaching again.

I got up the next morning as I wasn't starting for a few days and just stayed in my pyjamas and dressing down, drinking tea. My hair was brushed and my feet were warm due to my socks. I heard Gemmas door open so I rushed outside to greet her.
"Happy New Year Gem" i chirped. She turned to look at me and smiled.
"Happy New Year Eroda" she replied. She then frowned. "I left my phone inside. Hold on"

"Hi Eroda" I looked up to see Harry in front of Gemmas gate.
"Harry" i responded dryly.
"Uh Happy New Year" he said awkwardly. 
"Likewise" I responded.
"How was your Christmas?"
"No one kissed me thankfully"
Harrys cheeks grew red. "Oh uhm...sorry"
"It's fine. What you doing here?"
"Gemma and I are going into Camden"
"Cool"

"Do you...not like me or something?"
"No of course not" i assured him, making him heave a sigh of relief. "I resent you"
"Look if it was the kiss I'm sorry, honestly"
"What kind of person says he isn't into someone then goes and kisses them? Huh?"
"I-it was the mistletoe!" He insisted.
"Sure, Mr Silly Tradition"

"Hey Haz. Ready to go?" Gemma came back with her phone.
"Uh yeah sure. Bye Eroda" Harry mumbled.
"See you later girlie" Gemma smiled. 
"Bye Gem" i gave her a small wave as her and Harry walked down her path and got into her car. I watched them drive off before walking back into my house to have another cuppa.

Happy New Year to me.