82. A Rebel's Heart

Dante was standing with a victorious smile on his face as he saw the intruders all tied up in golden strings and kneeling down on the ground already when he walked outside. He knew his army was extraordinary. The top trackers, Tanya and Lucia combining their forces with his top fighter Dylan had created a defence system that could not be matched by anyone right now. He also noticed his commanders surrounding the captives standing in military stance waiting for instructions. As he approached all his army personnel also knelt on floor in front if him and Demetrious.

Dante spoke; " Rise my powerful Arkansans. You have done well. You may stand and look up. Dylan, I would like a report from you. Your division makes up the main part of the defence force of this base. I would like details. How and why were we attacked? What is the damage? Who attacked us? Who are these intruders? Have you interrogated them yet?"

Dylan complied and spoke ; " Master, they are mostly warlock werewolves who are part of the midnight warriors pack. They claim that the Alpha of the Alaskan pack of warlock werewolves who happens to be my brother Donavan is the one who had informed them that a wisdom sorcerer is at your service master......"

Dante growled "That is an outrage. Your brother would pay a heavy price for associating himself with the likes of Augustus. It is hard to believe that Augustus even dares send forces to attack us now. He will regret it. I want you to put your top warriors with Tanya's top trackers on the case to track Augustus and his entire pack of midnight warriors. As for your dear brother well, it's your responsibility to bring him to me when you can detect him. I want anyone linked to this outrageous ambush to be captured alive and brought to me. Is that understood?"

Dylan nodded " Yes master. But there is something I must also inform you about."

Dante raised an eyebrow " Speak Dylan."

Dylan swallowed hard and spoke carefully " Master, I am sorry to say that there was some failure on our part. The leader of this ambush got away. But that is not all. He was an Arkansan. A well known noble Arkansan. When I fought with him, I saw his medallion that had his name on it. A similar medallion to the ones worn by his brothers, Xavier and Xanthos. He was Xander. I have no doubt about it. He seemed to be around nineteen years old. He was definitely the same missing child who was abducted sixteen years ago. It was baffling how he knew who he was too. He even introduced himself to me as Xander a midnight warrior with Arkansan heritage. He must have been adopted all these years by someone under the rules of Augustus in that forbidden society......"

Dante roared " I have heard enough. We must attack the western territory immediately but as I said we can still deploy some forces to find Augustus and his people as well as your traitor brother. But Xander being identified as alive is not such bad news. I am certain once he is captured, both his brothers Xanthos and Xander would change around his loyalty under the conversion program just like how Nathan did with Nitizya. The question is Dylan, whether you can also turn your brother into a loyal, obedient noble Arkansan warlock like how he should have always been? I really would like to see you succeed Dylan. Otherwise, your brother would suffer much more than necessary if you fail to turn him. Is that understood?"

Dylan nodded " Yes master."

Dante nodded " Now. I also like to see Octavian. The last time I checked he was based in your division Dylan. How come I can't see him anywhere. Why is he not present amongst the commanders? He must be deployed immediately alongside some of your best fighters to track his father Augustus immediately."

Dylan suddenly looked nervous. He was not sure how his master was going to take the news. Normally it was Xavier's duty to report to master before everyone else when security issues were discussed. But unlucky for Dylan, since he was the head fighter and responsible for defence systems at the base, he was to report.