145. The Ronas Affairs

Arethusa knew Dante was intending to hurt her and she wasn't going down without a fight. But it didn't mean she wasn't going to go down. She was weak due to casting the spells to save the captives earlier on. There was so much she could do before collapsing from exhaustion if she was to defend herself against Dante's spells.

Dante laughed " You can't save yourself from me. You have no choice but reveal everything that you know. You are either naive or wish to be beaten in a duel badly if you think you can leave this chamber without answering my question. I am not known for my patience Arethusa. Speak now or face the consequences."

Octavian came out of his shocked state and stood protectively in front of Arethusa as Dante was walking slowly towards where they were standing. Octavian spoke with concern evident in his voice " Let me speak to her. Please. I will find out everything she knows. Give me a few hours to question her."

Dante shook his head as he was walking up to Octavian "No. I need to find out about the location of my blood match right now. Arethusa is the key to that knowledge. I could feel it that she did not reveal everything to you when she was mentioning Athena and Aretha's name in her conversation with you. Step away or I would force you out of this room. Just because you are my distant cousin, I allow you to be present when I question your blood match. But I don't permit you to interfere. Step aside. That is an order."

Arethusa sighed and side stepped Octavian and stood between her blood match and Dante and spoke firmly " I have no idea what you are talking about. I have not heard anything from Athena or Aretha or their location."

Octavian walked up behind Arethusa and embraced her from behind and rested his chin on her head. He spoke pleadingly " You must believe her. I can hear the sincerity in her voice. She is telling the truth."

Dante raised an eyebrow " Really Octavian? I think you are trying to overlook the waves of deceit that are clear as daylight." Dante took a step closer to the couple and grabbed Arethusa's chin and lifted it up in an angle to make her look right into his eyes. This made Octavian stiffen and he was ready to defend his woman if Dante was going to hurt her but his chances of winning were slim in a fight against Dante. Maybe he could only buy enough time to send her to Demetrious's chambers.

Octavian was holding his breath as he was waiting for Dante to issue a verdict that could condemn her beloved potentially. Dante spoke in a voice void of any emotion " Speak Arethusa. Tell me what you are hiding. If you refuse to disclose what you know, I would extract your memories. It's a very painful process. Believe me. You are Octavian's blood match. But it doesn't give you immunity from suffering from pain at my hands. I would never kill you but I would hurt you if necessary. Use your tongue carefully girl. I am not known to be a patient or forgiving man. Don't even think about lying to me."

Arethusa spoke " I don't know anything."

Dante looked at Octavian " If you want to avoid seeing your beloved in pain while I extract her memories, now is the time to step outside. You don't have to witness this. It's no fault of yours if your blood match wishes to suffer. She is the only source I have for getting information on my blood match and I will get every last bit of information she has out of her brain. I cant get the information from demetrious in this way since the enchantment that links Athena's blood to his, cant be extracted from his memories. But what I think your blood match is hiding is waiting for me to be extracted from her painfully and slowly as she will scream and will be begging me to stop."

Octavian whispered in Arethusa's ear " For heaven's sake. Please. Reveal what you know. I am your blood match. I would fight to death for you to keep you safe and alive. Choose now Arethusa. If you keep your mouth closed. I would be forced into a duel since I won't stand by and watch you suffer. I may die defending you. Do you want me dead so badly." Octavian was over exaggerating the situation. He knew Dante was not going to kill him since he was his turquoise eyed warrior according to the prophecy. But he had to find a way to make Arethusa change her mind about resisting Dante.