162. This is War

Demetrious was taking deep breaths at his post watching his surroundings warily at the south gate of Bran Castle. This was it. There was no going back now. He had to attack his own people. It didnt look as good as it could be. There was news that healer coven alongside Alexandra and Tatiana could not aid them in this war. They were occupied with helping Damian getting civilians running away from Ronas occupied land through to Alaska. They were either humans or vampires, those runaways. They were the classes of citizens most under the scrutiny and prejudiced against under the laws of his brother. Humans were under pressure because of ancient Ronas laws and vampires were treated in despeakable ways because Dante was captured in Vampire lands of Quebec months ago and he had a grudge against them. Demetrious cringed at this. He knew Dante was going to take a grudge against anyone who had dared oppose him from this castle once he was going to get out. More the reason they had to defend like their lives depended on it.

Demetrious whispered "Are you ready Archelous."

Archelous standing at the north gate next to his sister smirked as he mind linked his cousin "Of course I am ready. Not long left. Octavian is going to step out here soon. Our army is ready to attack on my command and take on the Arkansan army with all they have got " He then turned his attention to Arethusa and Aretha at the east gate. He mindlinked them with a bored tone "You two know what you are doing. Dont you?"

Arethusa spoke "Of course we do. How many times do you have to ask?"

Archelous spoke "As often as I want. I still dont trust you. As you saw in the messenger spehers, your dear brother Arthurious is accompanying commander Alexander in overtaking the region. I wouldnt put it past you that you would change allegience in a heart beat."

Arethusa gritted her teeth "I am not a double sided sword. I have no intention of joining him. He betrayed my mothers beliefs by listening to my father and kneel to Dante Ronas. He gave up Scandinavia in a heart beat. I am nothing like him."

Archelous spoke "I hope so. I wonder if your brother doesnt make you change allegience then your blood match might."

Aretha weakly spoke as she was sitting down on the floor next to Arethusa at the east gate "Enough Archelous. This is ridiculous to question her loyalty. If anyones loyalty is under doubt, its yours."

Archelous growled "You little...."

It was Vasile who tried to break them apart "Guys, break it up. The Ronas army is coming and with this level of team spirit we are going down. Archelous stop taunting Arethusa. She is cool."

Archelous sighed "Fine and you vasile, dont you dare abandon the west gate under any circumstances. I dont care what happens out there to your land, I have given you enough army to help your people so you are going to guard that gate with your life and not abandon it."

Vasile spoke "I wont abandon the west gate, dont worry. But, if my land starts to turn into dust, I can't promise that I won't do nothing."

Archelous rolled his eyes and then turned to Azalea "Remember if I ask you to get back inside, you will do it without question."

Azalea sighed "I dont think this is rational. Do you really want me to go back inside? Didnt you feel the tension in the air between Athena and Dante when we left. I am not going back inside. Those two have so much bad blood between them. I dont want to witness their never ending arguments."

Archelous spoke "Who cares about their arguments? Dante is locked up. he cant do anything to you. I would rather you be safe inside if things go wrong. I only want you to stop whatever attack that comes from the skies by Octavian. Thats all and when I tell you to stop, you will go back inside immidiately. is that understood?"