60. Young & Trapped

Lorna was sitting on a sofa opposite Zachary watching him closely as he was sipping from his drink. She was hoping for the martial law enforcer patrols to come to check as late as possible so she could get to spend time with the man she was obsessed with to a point beyond comprehension. Lorna tried hard to change the mood in the room and speak about a subject other than relationships. It was obvious that at this point in time, Zachary was not interested to be more than friends with her. Lorna smirked. She was patient. That was one of the best qualities she possessed beside being a cold and deadly healer fighter assassin.

Lorna spoke; " I can't wait for to start training tomorrow morning. But i am quite annoyed that they are making us stay at this hotel For the whole week. I know they like us to be in one place during this 7 day training but seriously, whats the need to stay away from home. i wanted to have my recruitment celebration this week at home but now i have to wait. Whats worse. Most of our training is shared with the potential head enforcers. But we are the future commanders. Why should we mix with them."

Zachary sighed: "I am sure there is a good reason that this joint training session Alexander has organised for all new recruits includes all divisions and all high ranks based in the same residential accommodation. I also can understand Why Alexander wants to mix future commanders up with future head enforcers. We may kick the backsides of some of them with our eyes closed any day but some of them are commander material. They may change division. Take Octavian for example. He may be listed as a potential head enforcer only because mainly he is part werewolf. They are highly demanded in carrying out missions within Arkansas. But surely he could be a commander too."

With the mention of Octavian Lorna's expression turned to annoyed " Oh Zachary. Don't dampen my mood by mentioning that idiots name. Now, I really wish you hadn't brought him to me to treat his injuries. He is a hot head moron. If it wasn't for you, there was no way I was going to treat him. I would have most likely closed the door on his face and would have ignored any pleas from that girlfriend of his, Sabrina. If I were you I would keep away from them. I may understand your good intentions but Xanthos and his gang may not take kindly to you helping people they beat up. If they find out you and I have assisted him, then there would be war. You and I are no walk overs and neither are they. It would surely get ugly if it escalates so I advise you to mind your own business Zachary the next time you try to be the hero. I am telling you this as a friend."

Zachary spoke: " Thanks for the advice Lorna. I will keep that in mind. But like you said, we can hold our own. We are fighters. Lets change the subject now. Tell me Lorna. What do you think this week's training sessions are really about. You know your cousin better than anyone. what is he really looking to find in us in one week."

Lorna replied "This week is just for Alexander to write up reports on us and send to master. It makes the records official about how good we are. Alexander told me that if our reports are good, then we could be deployed to learn at the front line for the remainder of the training period. We could be made junior commanders within days so be ready if you get a call up next week to serve in the leadership division under your brother."

Zachary found himself distressed " What about the long distance recruits? Do 17 year olds like Zelina also have to deployed?"

Lorna shrugged " I bet if master likes any report and demands it. sure. anything is possible. Age does not matter to master. We all now how Edwin was snapped up to work in the magic science division as a junior commander within hours of meeting master. So master is quite good with spotting potential. when he looks into your eyes he can evaluate the depths of your soul. He can see what you are capable of by just analysing your waves of power that you radiate. Zelina is a powerful one. Even though she is 17, I am sure if any one underage would be deployed it would be her."