89. Immense Pains

Xander was now getting impatient with trying so hard to convince Octavian to calm down. Octavian had been pacing around the room thinking hard and shaking his head for the past hour. He kept coming up with plans to change the situation that Evelina and her trio pack had landed themselves into.

Xander was sitting down on Octavian's bed and looking at Octavian worriedly. He sighed and spoke: "Octavian, enough is enough. Stop fantasising about changing your father's mind about the affairs happening in this pack. He is not just your father. He is your alpha and as his heir you must obey him without questioning him. No matter what you do tonight, dont challenge your father on the matter with Evelina and her followers. Please Octavian, take my advice. Your father is not someone you can take on. He is a strict ruler. If you openly challenge his decisions in anyway, you would regret it."

Octavian stopped pacing the floor and laughed bitterly "I have had enough of hearing threats. For the last time Xander, I may be reckless but I am not crazy. I would not challenge my father in public. Not yet anyways. I have sensed how obsessed he is with having the first and last say in everything relating to his pack. He made it pretty clear earlier on what he thought of my small act of defiance by trying to run to my captive friends. He had murder in his eyes when he brought me here. So since I havent even reached power maturity yet and I am no match to him, I would only dare question him in private behind closed doors. My decision is final on this. Dont argue with me on this. I have decided to refuse to respond to his summon call that would be issued quite soon. I am sitting out of this party that my father has arranged in my honour tonight and would request my father to come to my chambers. When he summons us to the party, I would appreciate it if you run to him and deliver him my message. Tell him that I have no intention of leaving this room and he must come to my chambers since I need to talk to him urgently to quetion him about the faith of my friends."

Xanders eyes widened. He stood up and walked up to Octavian and grabbed his shoulders and shook him " Have you lost the plot. He would go mental if you refuse him anything."

Octavian shook his head "He is going too far by treating my old friends like strangers. He told me that he suspects them to be spies and will treat them like any others who wish to join. He looks at them with suspicion. But why? They dont even want to join this pack. They are just passing through anyways. They just came here to request our help to rescue Evelina's sister Elisha and her boyfriend, Oberon. I am pretty sure Evelina would want to run to the Ronas camp now and rescue my girlfriend Sabrina too if she knew she was taken into custody as well. My girlfriend Sabrina happens to be her cousin. . For heavens sake, Evelina and her three followers are on top of wanted list of Dante Ronas. How can my father not trust them and agree to help them. Why does he have to be so stubborn with his stupid rules. He told me that Evelina and her followers have to join the pack first before anything else can happen. I did not like the sound of what you told me at all. You know. About how some people die because of the trials my father puts them through before becoming part of this pack. I cant walk into that party and watch my friends suffer just for my fathers satisfaction that he shows his packs power. I have to remaim here and confront him and convince him to help Evelina and her trio pack and then let them go. My father is capable of helping them. He arranged that attack on the Ronas camp only hours ago to get his hands on a wisdom sorcerer even though he had one already here. I am quite sure he can arrange another attack too to save Elisha, Oberon and even Sabrina."

Xander was looking at Octavian with fear "Please reconsider this Octavian. Go to alpha Augustus at the feast and then ask him nicely to come to your chambers and have a word with you in private."

Octavian frowned "What if he refuses. It would make things worse if I walk out...."

Xander spoke quickly "What? you walking out of the party that your father has organised in your honour? Are you crazy? Do you want to be punished by your father so badly? Why are you being so difficult? You have only been here how long? Hardly a day. Trust me when I tell you that you have seen nothing from your fathers brutality. He has no forgiveness. Once you disobey him, no amount of begging or pleading would save you. Please take my advice and ......"