71. Young Are Reckless

Zachary woke up from his deep sleep after hearing loud knocking on his door. When he looked at the time, he sighed. Obviously he had hardly fallen sleep for less than an hour after enduring his brothers unannounced visit. He spoke with an annoyed tone " I am coming. Wait a second."

As he opened the door he was shocked at the three enforcers at his door. They stormed into his room and scanned every corner. One of them spoke with an apologetic tone " Forgive us for disturbing you like this. We have orders to search all the rooms. Two of the new recruits due to be interviewed have been involved in a stand off with our patrol guards and they are now missing. They could be anywhere now. But there is a chance that they maybe still on the premises. Since this is the building, they resided in, we have to start our investigation here." The enforcers started to search his chambers and once they were satisfied they turned to him.

The same enforcer spoke; "Those traitors have never been to this room. It's all clear. But, Please accept our apology but we are ordered to ask all new recruits to go to the lobby while we are searching the chambers at this accommodation. Please make your way to the lobby now. Our orders are to explain the situation and send all residents to the lobby without delay with immediate effect. If you don't mind, an enforcer needs to accompany you to the lobby to ensure those trouble makers do not intercept or trouble you."

Zachary started to protest as one of the guards grabbed him and before he could speak, teleported him to the lobby and left him there. Zachary sighed and looked around. He spotted Toberious sitting in the corner on a sofa while hilding his head in his hand. He saw Zelina sitting on Xanthos's lap not far from them and an angry looking Lorna and Bethany were pacing the floor at the other side talking loudly with the head enforcer in charge of the building. As Lorna and Bethany caught sight of Zachary they completely ignored the head enforcer who was addressing them and turned to look at him.

They were staring at him with an unreadable expression. He didn't think much of it and walked towards Tiberious and sat across him. He was also looking at him with a curious expression.

As Zachary sat down, Tiberious spoke accusingly " Seriously, do you have to wear revealing uniforms when you know that those crazy witches are after you. Don't wear the tank top next time. We have jumpers as optional additions to our uniforms too. would it have killed you to wear one. Bethany was telling Lorna earlier how much she loves men in night uniforms since they reveal more muscles. Damn. Guess what? Lorna agreed with her too. You haven't disappointed them have You? They are still checking you out as we speak and their emotions are speaking louder than words. I swear they would have jumped on you by now, if we weren't in public. Look they are still staring at you without any shame. Now, to answer the questioning waves you are sending me, well I know no more than you. The enforcers are tight lipped about who has attacked the patrol guards and is missing. I guess we will find out when all of us arrive except for two missing ones I guess. Almost time."

Zachary huffed " I really want to know what's happening. Who in their right mind would break the rules under the nose of military personnel."

It was Blake who answered " indeed who? Hey Zachary. Why are you sitting next to this empathic loser. Come join us at the other side. I bet none of our gang is involved. Only Rowlen amongst our equipe is missing but he is a heavy sleeper. I bet they are casting spells to wake him up. Well, he is a part-werewolf, so it's hard to wake him with spells. Haha."

Before Zachary could respond, Tiberious stood up " Who are you calling loser Blake? I have a different definition of the word loser actually. I call jerks and bullies losers who's leader is out of order. I call those losers who just never get how much of a menace they are to society. I call people with dangerous and poisonous minds losers..."