19. The 8th Healer

Aretha had a feeling about Athena being close. She had missed her presence in the past few years. She really wanted to hold her older sister and tell her all the things she had achieved in the past three years. She wanted to make her proud.

Shortly after she had left, she had taken the healer challenge and had won the first prize at 15. Exactly at the same age as her sister, Athena. She also had promised the coven that she would call upon them and join them soon. But even though she had turned 18 a month ago and was now a fully trained witch, she felt far from ready. she was afraid that it was impossible to live up to the reputation of her sister.

Tonight after walking home from the meeting held by the council of guardians she could not seem to ease her restlessness and curiosity. Somewhere within walking distance, there was a big concentration of power which was familiar to her identical to her sister's as she remembered. But there were other waves of power too which reminded her of healers. but it couldn't be. The healers relocated to places where there were low chances of quick detection. But Alaska was now a danger zone. There were reports from the informants that Dante was going to be soon heading north and then the most likely destination was going to be Alaska.

The thought of Dante made her cringe. Her parents had managed to flee from Arkansas when she was not even born. She was the daughter they were hoping to protect the most from the clutches of the Ronas enforcers. After all, no one in Arkansas knew that she was born. She had the chance to live a normal life if she could avoid being found out by Dante and his enforcers. she wouldn't have been as strong as Athena but she was still the most skilled witch in Alaska after Athena who had miraculous healing abilities.

Aretha's biggest fear was indeed to one day become exposed to Dante and there was no doubt in her mind that she would become a prized possession for him. she didnt want to become a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands. These thoughts made her so emotional. She wished that her parents hadn't chosen to go on their one year long trip around the world to explore other mythical lands. She needed them the most now for guidance. What was she to do.

So she got up and followed her instincts to teleported to the location where the concentration of power was at its highest.

The white light came and went and suddenly she found herself in a familiar kitchen. of course it was Donavsns house. she was here last month when Donavan had held a barbecue party in celebration of Her 18th birthday. She walked out of the kitchen following the voices to the living room. As she entered, the whole room looked stunned. Most were looking at her in awe and admiration but why?

Athena was looking like she had seen sunshine for the first time and walked to Aretha and embraced her tightly. Athena was so emotional to see her sister. Tears were threatening to make an appearance now. "Oh, I have missed you so much. You are safe and you have finally made the transition. You are a fully trained witch. I am so proud of you."

Those words were all Aretha needed. She wanted to make her sister proud and nothing else mattered now. Threat of Dante was also looming but she felt so safe in her arms as though no force on earth could harm her. So there was no excuse for her not to enjoy her reunion with her sister. Athena suddenly let go of her and she missed her embrace dearly. " meet my sister Aretha."

It was Tattiana who found her voice to reply. "We know. She has a similar presence to you and I take it she has now turned 18. Her powers are radiating off of her at great force. She is strong really strong. Welcome to the coven Aretha."

Athena frowned "what. no. she is not joining us. she is too young. she has to be protected. it is my parents wish. She was not born in Arkansas and many people don't know about her existence. in fact this may be the only reason she may remain safely away from the reach of Dante's enforcers."