3. Decisions

Athena's POV

I had totally forgotten, i had lasagne in the oven. the whistle of the timer interrupted our conversation luckily. Dante seemed baffled by the sound coming from my kitchen.

"Well, I prefer human methods of cooking. Now lets go. I always make food for two days and keep the rest in the fridge for the next day. But today I guess I get a partner in dining". I tried to give him my most sincere smile and sprinted to the kitchen.

He slowly came down the steps as I was setting the table. He was looking around the house in an admiring way. Now that I knew he wasn't after a fight, I was more relaxed around him. I could hold my own but he seemed invincible.

As though he read my mind, he smirked "are you sizing me up Athena? I am not very fun to be around in fighting mode. Believe me. And when I was captured I was not 21 yet. Now I am and my power is complete. Those low lives couldn't take me down if they fought me now". And he sat down and looked at me expectedly.

I ignored his comment and pulled the lasagne from the oven and put a piece in each of our plates. The beginning was dominated by silence. I only could hear the rain outside. I was planning to spend the evening reading but now I had a big problem at my hand by the name of Dante. I was contemplating to tell the elders about the situation. But how did I warn them of his threat without Dante finding out. I was his queen according to the Arkansans. He wasn't just going to leave.

He must have noticed me playing with my food. He looked up and frowned "why aren't you eating? We have a long night ahead. We have got to teleport to my home but before that you must pack your bags. You won't be coming back to this forest again. It's pointless to stay. Lets guess. The elders said come and practice magic here. In Arkansas we have more resources. we use ancient stones that we extract spells from and we practice on live targets so the training is less time consuming. You keep casting spells at the humans until you get your result." And he carried on eating. I was losing my appetite at this point. How could he talk so casually about cruelty to humans.

Again he noticed my silence and looked up "oh, I keep forgetting your parents are human lovers, I will remember to introduce you to our way of life more gradually". And he finished his plate and had another helping. "Mm, human food is good. I guess humans have more uses to us. I will remember this for our next batch of captives"

That was it. He did it. I tried so hard to suppress my inner power but I guess I lost control. Rays of light emitted from my hand and hit his chest. Dante was thrown to the opposite wall. Once he hit the wall he sat on the floor and looked stunned for a few seconds. My eyes were blazing now. I stood up and gave him a piece of my mind "you do not mention your twisted plans for humans or any other creatures while you are living in this house. I am not like you. I will never be and if you think you can take me with you to Arkansas you are mistaken. I have a mission here and it's not finished so enjoy your lonely trip home." With that said I sat down and started to eat.

Dante was still sitting on the floor. I wouldn't dare look at him. He said he won't hurt me and I believed him. But if I couldn't control my temper, how could I trust him too. So shakily I looked up. He was looking at me with a mixture of admiration and determination. I hadn't noticed how healthy he looked now his wounds were completely healed. He was a power house. A handsome power house. I stopped eating and looked at him expectantly.

"Well, I am thinking on how to get you back for throwing me against the wall and being so stubborn. for a start I may not let you pack. And you won't see your family for a year. But again Revenge is a dish better served cold, i may give you a break tonight". he then came and sat down eating his lasagne as though nothing had happened.

I was now staring at him with my mouth open. I don't care if he is the great Dante. He can't take me with him if I am not ready to leave. I guess the more he underestimated me the better so I decided to carry on eating and ignored him.