96. His love hurts

Demetrious was sitting in the corner of his brothers chambers watching a cheerful looking Dante with worry. He was certain that Dante sitting behind his desk in silence with his eyes closed was a bad sign, especially since he was smiling. This was bad news. It had to be. And then as Dante opened his eyes still smirking, Demetrious realised why he was upbeat as in that exact moment messenger spheres flew into the room.

Dante turned to Demetrious and spoke " Watch the images Demetrious. The resistance is all over for Southern and eastern territory. They have completely surrendered. They are under our rule from now on. Ronas laws and Ronas enforcers would be running their streets now. So it all means that we are going back to Arksnsas. And...."

Demetrious lost his patience " You can't start your commemorations too early though. As you know..... As I pointed it out to you before...."

Dante laughed bitterly " I know what you are going to remind me of. Alaska hasn't fallen yet. Neither have some of the arctic mountain territories that they protect. But there is something you don't know brother. I only know and my blood match knows that when all territories fall to me, then her time is up. She had to choose. And right now only her favourite land is still standing in the whole of North America. So it is indeed victory time for me. Athena will be dropping by soon. If she doesn't, then I am going to burn her favourite land to the ground. I meant my threats. Every word of it. I would unleash a volcano on the land until there is nothing but ash left of the land that my beloved adores. So Demetrious, think again. My commemorations can go ahead as the leader of North America as planned. Alaska would burn or surrender. But their faith specifically rests on the shoulders of my beloved. She must choose. She can either stand by the Alaskans or come to me and surrender to me."

Demetrious sighed " I can't believe you Dante. How can you give your blood match such ultimatum. It would be heartbreaking for her to choose between her people and you. Why don't you give her time to come to you when she is ready? She is a healer, Dante. She won't be resting until she has rescued all those people who have fled the war zones that you have been creating. You show mercy to the powerful citizens but you have really been ruthless to those you deem as weak beings in every territory you have sent enforcers too. Do you have any idea how many people you have made homeless? Do you have any idea how many people fled their homes when you attacked the northern and western territory? They all fled to seek refuge elsewhere and all those people only had the healer coven and freedom fighters to rely on to get them to neutral territories. Your blood match can't come to you until she has housed all those who's homes you burnt to the ground in a safe place away from your reach."

Demetrious was surprised how Dante had allowed him to go on and on with his rant. He had just said what had been weighing heavily on his heart for the past days. Obviously if he dared make his feelings known in public, Dante was going to make him pay dearly to make an example out of him. But behind closed doors, Dante allowed him some freedom of speech but even he knew he had crossed the line.

Demetrious gasped as he witnessed his brother smirking as he had his eyes closed still sitting behind his desk " Oh Demetrious. Go thank your lucky stars that I am too occupied with sending my blood match, images of what I am planning to do to her dear Alaska. Oh yes. I am issuing her with my threats. Her time is up now. She must come to me or others will pay and she would watch helplessly. Now Demetrious. Of course your rant amused me to no end. You never learn from your errors in my presence. Ever. No matter how many times i beat you till you lose consciousness, you never learn that i am the one who you must obey and respect without question. But fear not, one way or another I will get my hands on your blood match one day and would hurt her and will make you watch her pain every time you defy me."

Dante then opened his eyes and walked around his desk slowly and walked to Demetrious slowly " Now brother, I command you to leave my presence and remain in your chambers until I summon you. I know my blood match well. She is going to drop everything and will be present in this chamber very soon. She won't ignore the threatening images I sent her mentally. I am certain of it. So as I said, leave now since I have a special visit from my loved one coming up very soon. I can feel her waves of anger and confusion coming my way right now. She has just observed the images I sent her. So it must really frustrate her that her time is up so soon. Don't look so outraged. Your time to see your blood match would come soon too. When Athena surrenders. Her sister won't be far behind. She will be in your arms soon. Now out Demetrious. Go on them."