1. The Mission

Athena woke up to the mesmerising sight of Australian sunshine coming through the windows of her self built cabin. She had been waking up in the same cabin for the past three years.

She missed her homeland, Alaska and the people of her clan. The only place where you could see mythical creatures living in peace. She wanted to see her best friend Donavan, again . the kind hearted white Alpha werewolf who was always there for her. She wanted to be able to spend her Friday nights camping again with her friends under the stars. She missed the meetings with the elders ("Elder Tree Protector Council") who always treated her with love and respect even though she was just an apprentice learning to perfect her witchcraft.

When she was crowned a fully trained witch she was only 18. The elders advised her to move to Australia by herself to live in the deep forests of south which was concealed and protected from humans by old unknown spells. She was told to learn about the magic hidden within the forest. The elders revealed to her that she was the only one powerful enough in her clan to unlock the secrets of the forest. The ancient spells within the forest were indeed rare and powerful. She had spent the past three years learning the magical spells discovered in different part of the mysterious woodland and practicing to master them. Each spell took her weeks to master. She took notes in her books to later pass on to the next generation. She could return now, the elders were happy with her reports she sent on monthly basis. She was now a true master of spells and a skilled healer. But some feeling inside her body told her not to return yet.

Her plan today was to explore far sides of the edge of the north border of the forest. She had never been close to that part because of the closeness to humans. She did not want to be tempted to abandon her purposeful mission for the sake of tourism. She knew she had little self restraint when it came to exploring human life. But now that it was nearly the end of mission she could risk the temptation.

She made herself a quick breakfast and quickly dressed in her tight jeans and her white T-shirt that had a rose pattern in the middle. This T-shirt was a gift from Donavan. She was going to see him soon and this time she would agree to go on that annual road trip with his pack.

She regretted bringing her heavy back pack when she was sprinting to the border. It was slowing her down. She could always teleport but then she could miss the scenery. She stopped at a large field covered in her favourite medical herbs. They had multi purpose benefits. They were good for healing, making potions, summoning objects and many other things she had come to learn about the past three years.

As she was moving through the field and collecting herbs, a wave of power froze her in place. She was horrified at the feeling. She had never felt such power ever. It's source was close to the border of forest from the human side. She was now good at locating all sources of magic and she knew this was a strong one.

She grabbed her back pack and raced towards the source. The closer she got, the more powerful the feeling became. She reached the border. She was right. The source was on the human land. She took a deep breath and stepped outside the forest. She was surprised to see a beautiful stream running through a woodland. it was not as beautiful as the forest but her aim was not enjoying the scenery. it was to find the power source and avoid revealing her powers. She traced the power to an area along the steam so she ran along it. She was greeting closer and her heart was beating fast.

And finally the wait was over. The sight in front of her made her horrified. There was a handsome young man bleeding on the floor totally unconscious but the power radiating off him was overwhelming. She had to act fast and she did the first thing that came to mind. She ran to embrace him, she scanned the area to make sure there was no danger and she closed her eyes and teleported herself and the mystery powerful stranger to her cabin.