126. Taking a Fall (part 3)

Warning: some scenes of violence is contained in this chapter. I have put ######### as a sign at the start and the end of the violent scenes so you can skip the scenes and read the rest

——————————————————-

The Ronas Dungeons were located deep underground and the walkways that connected them were lit using candle light spheres. The early morning guards were patrolling the corridors to detect any disturbance or threats which were highly unlikely.

Zachary was now slowly and reluctantly making his way following Octavian around the long corridors of the Ronas dungeon. The sounds of agony and pain coming from high level punishment cells in the south wing of the dungeons were making him feel sick.

He hated having to be there, but he didn't have a choice. He had begged Octavian to help him save Serena and Octavian had agreed to come up with a plan but it was at a  great cost for Zachary. Zachary flinched as he recalled Octavian's response to his last pleas to help his beloved " For the sake of our friendship, I will try to get your girl off the hook but you owe me. You have a great debt to pay me if I save your girl. You must join my division and would comply with everything I ask you to do without questioning me or displaying any form of hesitation. If you dont stay loyal to me, I would get Serena arrested. Our arrangement starts from this minute."

When Zachary had heard Octavian's agreement he had said yes immediately. But he had no idea what he had let himself into. Octavian's next words had made him shake to his core and Zachary had flinched at Octavian's cold and brutal words. Zachary recalled Octavian giving him that menacing laugh " Well. It's good to see you are willing to do anything. Now I am going to start demanding you to start complying with our agreement before I hold my end of the bargain. When the sun rises tomorrow morning and martial law ends, I would take you to the dungeons. I have special access during day time. You would follow me. You would watch me and you would assist me when I demand it. As I said, I want to take my revenge on weaker beings and enemies of Arkansas so our master allows me to have access to as many prisoners as I wish to torment on daily basis. I can't sanction them and sentence them. Sadly, that is Nathan's and Benjamin's role. I can only torment the prisoners who already have been sentenced to serve time in the dungeons and suffer torment. You would help me on my mission to bring torment on those I wish in the dungeons and on battlefield. Now it's not war time, so to satisfy my need for revenge and justice for those who made me and Sabrina suffer over the years, I wish to hear screams of agony and pain deep in the underground and you will be the witness and assistant to my successful revenge."

Zachary had been mortified at what had become of him. He had become Octavian's assistant commander just like Xander. Zachary was to witness how Octavian was taking his revenge and also was to participate. He wished there was another way to save Serena but no one in their right mind were going to help a high class traitor like Serena. No one. Unless they had Ronas blood and were immune from a death sentence. His other option was to risk asking master's brother Demetrious for help. Tiberious had actually always told him that one of the very few people he could always trust was Demetrious. He had never considered risking talking to a Ronas for anything till then but he had halted his plan since he remembered Tiberious had forseen that Demetrious was going to be only reliable until he was to find his blood match. It made sense not to risk the wrath of their master if his number one priority was the protection of his blood match. So Zachary's only option was to seek help from Octavian and accept his twisted requests no matter how outrageous they were.

Octavian had noticed how quiet Zachary was. He stopped walking and turned to him " What's the matter? What's with the waves of pain? Its not like i forced you to join my division. You are a commander. You had your choices. You could either say goodbye to your girl or join me. Now I want you to quit your silent treatment of me and get your act together or I would withdraw my offer of helping you. I mean I would love to see some executions to brighten up the Main Street outside the palace but sadly you wouldn't be happy to see that. Don't reply me to leave her at masters mercy. Think of our agreement as my way of educating you about my visions that you would share soon. A world where the powerful dominate the work and weak suffer. A world that in order to protect your loved ones from harm you must be ruthless and give no second chances to your enemies. I am preparing you for our future quests with this trip to the dungeons and the many upcoming visits. Take up opportunities to learn if you ever want to be promoted. I have decided to assist you in becoming more skilled about the art of interrogations and torment and therefore follow me around.