93. Broken up to pieces (Part 2)

When Zachary teleported to his chambers, he was surprised to find palace guards waiting for him at his door. He spoke "What is the meaning of this. Why are you at my resisdence?"

One of the guards spoke carefully and respectully "Please forgive us for disturbing you commander Zachary. Lady Diodora insists that you join them in their chambers before the feast starts and then make your way with them to the feast. They are officially guarding the Ronas advisor commander Tiberious but they still participate in the feast alongside them. Please come with us now. We have been waiting for you a very long time. Lady Diodora may become anxious and send more guards."

Zachary rolled his eyes. The guard was basically telling him that heads were going to roll if he didnt go with them peacefully and immidiately. "Fine. lead the way then."

The minute Zachary touched the ground inside Tiberious's residence, he found himself embraced by non other than Diodora. He tried to imagine that it was Serena touching him rather than this nasty witch who had an unhealthy obsession with him. He was finding it harder and harder to refrain from pushing her away any minute then.

Diodora pulled away hesistantly "Oh. i forgot. I sometimes forget that you don't like to take it too fast and you are not used to relationships. Take a seat now please. I have some news to share with you." As Zachary followed Diodora to a sofa, he spotted Tiberious sitting on a desk in the corner and reading. He looked at him sympatically and held his hand up in a gesture to say, I cant do anything while Diodora was not looking. Zachary nodded. he knew he was on his own. There was just so much Tiberious could do to keep her away.

Diodora sat down and gestured to a seat for Zachary to sit down in front of her. Zachary slowly and reluctantly sat down and without being asked to do so, conjured a vanila whiskey from a nearby table and started drinking. he couldnt help himself. he had to calm himself down.

Diodora spoke "Its good, you took a drink before I began to speak to you about the news. This is about your father."

As she said this Zachary started coughing on his drink and put the bottle away on a side table "What? What are you talking about? My father has been missing for years. What news do you have of him."

Diodora spoke "I will tell you. But I want something in return. If I tell you everything I know then its going to cost you. Then you have to spend the whole night with me till the end of the feast tonight. What do you say Zachary? I want you to keep me company tonight without complaint. My life is quite lonely right now you know. The only thing that keeps me content and happy is the thought of your .... Eyes."

As he heard this, Zachary looked away. This conversation was really too much for him. Diodora had nerve telling him that he had news about his father and then kept him waiting by negotiating about spending time with him. He was now pressing his lips and hoping that he could hold his temper in check for long enough to endure her. Insulting her in any way was a high class crime. He couldn't afford to be put on trial for insulting a member of the palace who happened to be masters cousin.

Diodora frowned " Look at me Zachary. I take it as a sign of defiance when you do that even though I can't imagine that someone as beautiful as you could ever do anything deliberately to hurt someone's feelings. You must look at me with those stunning blue eyes whenever i demand it or I would lose my temper. You don't want that. Believe me."

Zachary reluctantly turned to look into her cold eyes. His body shook at the look of lust and possessiveness that she was directing towards him. He was now certain that until she found her blood match, there was no way he would dare reveal his love for Serena in public. All hope was truly gone for a relationship with the one he so much cared for and adored.