107. Encounter with the Warrior (part 2)

Octavian was getting restless as his father kept trying to convince him to delay his revenge. He was towering over the sitting figure of his father on the throne and looking at him with narrowed eyes. Sabrina was holding his hands trying desperately to calm him down and not allow the turquoise eyed side of Octavian to emerge.

Alpha Augustus sighed " Son, for the last time. I am telling you that you would regret killing Xanthos in one instant. If he has wronged you so much in the past, why don't you make him suffer and wish for death. You can even be creative here. I don't know if this moron has a girlfriend or love interest of some kind. If he does, maybe we can arrange for her to be abducted somehow. Then you can torment her while her beloved watches."Octavian became thoughtful as he heard this and Sabrina gasped in horror and covered her mouth with her hand. She was in total shock at hearing this. But the waves of rage from another being in the room became was the strongest feeling in the throne room.

As alpha augustus finished his sentence, Zachary choked as he shouted " No. You leave her out of this." Octavian and Sabrina turned around and Alpha Augustus stood up as he was smirking. He looked at Zachary with amusement " You are the captive here kid. Zachary is your name. Hold your tongue or I would put you in your place. My son wants his revenge and he would get his wish whether low lives like you agree or disagree. What's in it for you? Why are you defending Xanthos's love interest. My son made it clear that he is leaving you unharmed. I don't know why he is sparing you but I don't question his decision. So don't cross the line and keep silent while Octavian carries out his overdue revenge. It's his right. Who are you to interfere?"

Zachary was shaking in anger "Xanthos happens to love my sister. You kill me but you leave Zelina out of this. Over my dead body, you will take your revenge on her. I am right here. Why not take it out on me?"

Alpha Augustus narrowed his eyes "That can be arranged too young one. I don't mind teaching you some lessons in having manners. You dare speak to me in that tone? You, Ronas commander. Don't you know who you are speaking to?"

As Alpha Augustus was about to conjure a force sphere to throw at Zachary, Octavian held his hand up and stopped his father from responding. He spoke in a pleading tone as he turned to his father" That is enough. Father, Zachary does not mean to offend you. He is just looking out for his sister. Please forgive his sharp tone."

Alpha Augustus shrugged " This kid needs to learn the hard way sooner or later not to oppose an alpha. I can't wait for him to make another slip up and I would put him in his place, son, whether you agree or not. Now back to my proposal, it's the identical way to the famous Arkansan game. I think that's even more effective in taking your revenge for Xanthos hurting your girlfriend than death as punishment. You must try to exact revenge on him rather than killing him son. If anybody hurt your mother, I would take it out on their blood match or wife or whoever they care about. I have decided to leave you to decide for yourself what to do. I am retiring In near future. You will be the next alpha pretty soon. Do what you judge to be best. I told you what I would do if I was in your position. I leave you to it." Augustus smirked and looked at Octavian expectantly.

Octavian nodded then turned to Zachary and spoke firmly "firstly let me warn you Zachary, that you must show more respect to my father when you are in his presence. The only reason he hasn't attacked you for your outburst is because he can feel the friendship bond between us and I stopped him. I am warning you now If you raise your voice again, I won't stop my father from putting you in your place. Is that understood or you need clarification?"

Zachary nodded and looked at Octavian warily.

Octavian raised his eyebrow. "Good. we have an understanding then. If you keep silent, you will stay alive. Now back to what my father suggested. If you think I would ever go after Zelina because of Xanthos's crimes, then you don't know me at all. If it was my style to hurt the people associated with my enemies, I would have done it while I was still a commander. Don't worry. Your sister won't be ever harmed by me. But I can't say the same thing about you. I can feel the waves of empathy you are giving to Xanthos. He is scum. How can you stand there and shield him from me after all he has done to Sabrina, how can you remain where you are and even try to cast spells to heal him. I want his blood and you are in my way. Explain yourself."